How To Stop Crap Promotional SMS's From Airtel ?

hi,

as the title says, is there anyway to block all the Promotional SMS that I get on Airtel

Its a New Prepaid Sim, But I Get All Kinds On SPAM sms Not Only From AIRTEL but Other unknown mobile numbers

Mostly Regarding Real estate, Insurance some ,bank that i am not even customer of.

Customer Care is of no use:mad:

logistopath said:
:: Airtel :: Do Not Disturb

Check out the above page and follow the instructions to include your number in the Do not Disturb registry. It takes 45 days to come into effect though, so don't expect such messages to stop immediately.

Thanks Man Will See, But Still I had Select One Service That Would Send Me Sms.

I chose Airtel

check out your value added services. send stop to 121 and confirm your list of VAS. some of these VAS include you being spammed with some promotions

Ok did not read carefully the first time my bad ;)

if you wish to enroll under the Fully Blocked category i.e. to receive no calls or SMS' at all, we request you to please send an SMS 'Start 0' to 1909 from your Airtel phone. Alternatively you could also use our dedicated IVR by calling 1909, to register yourself. We are sorry for the inconvenience, as this website is still being developed.

Sent Start 0' to 1909 Hoping for the best now.

thanks to all :)

Age of the number is directly proportional to the amount of SMS.

You were compromised the day the number was allocated to you.

logistopath said:
:: Airtel :: Do Not Disturb

Check out the above page and follow the instructions to include your number in the Do not Disturb registry. It takes 45 days to come into effect though, so don't expect such messages to stop immediately.
DND I have since 3 years. In the beginning I got no crap sms. Then few months ago I started receiving (actually every since these mass sms packs) 1 or 2 sms every 1-3 days.

Now I receive 2-3 ad texts EVERY DAY.

even after dnd i am getting lots of sms everyday on my airtel and after contacting airtel they said they cant do anything about it

I'm surprised there is no documentation on the NDND site for end users to report spam messages.Anyone have any clue on some place one can lodge a complaint on breach of DND protocol?

I am using my number since over 3 years. I never got any call / sms from Airtel guys for 2.5 hours after starting DND but nowdays, they've started sending random messages and calls again. :mad:

Been on Airtel 10 years. I get like 10-12 spam SMS a day. And like 4-5 calls a day.

They start around 1 PM and continue till 9 PM. Even weekends now.

Like it or believe it, our numbers get compromised big time. I can clearly tell an increase in traffic / and type of calls / sms -- after my car loan was passed off. I gave my number on a ton of documentation. Mostly banks and dealers. Not much we can do.

I wake up in the morning not hearing alarm but sms ad for stopping hair fall and dandruff.

Began receiving this from just 6 months back, being customer for above 3-4 years.

Airtel is seems to have some problem for sure. Have enabled DND years back...

My friend here daily receives messages with text as "Hot sizzling girls" and all such from airtel and guess what, on sending STOP to 121 we see that there is absolutely no VAS active so technically nothing to STOP. Some of these SMS he receives have links in them which when clicked will deduct 99 rs or so.

asingh said:
Been on Airtel 10 years. I get like 10-12 spam SMS a day. And like 4-5 calls a day.

They start around 1 PM and continue till 9 PM. Even weekends now.

Like it or believe it, our numbers get compromised big time. I can clearly tell an increase in traffic / and type of calls / sms -- after my car loan was passed off. I gave my number on a ton of documentation. Mostly banks and dealers. Not much we can do.

that was aircel for me

I gave their CC guy some good long song of mine to listen to

Back