Monitors how to take care of lcd?

How do you guys take care of your lcd display units? ..
cleaning..etc..
any solvent or special materials u ppl use to clean it ? .
supra here told he uses COLIN on his 28" Viewsonic..:| . .

I use rubbing alchohol (isopropyl alchohol) which is easily available from chemists. A 50ml bottle costs about Rs 20, and a 50% solution does the job well. I also like to use a large and soft handkerchief, and evenly spread the fluid to prevent streaking over the display surface.

Colin doesn't work well, you will find it leaving streaks all over the surface.

Honestly on LCDs i would not use nay chemical or solvent.

Personally i simply use little damp tissue and then the cloth that comes with the spects to clean the surface. Do not push too hard on surface or u will end up damaging the lcd.

^yes ofcourse i wont use any chemicals .. :) . . everyone incl' the manual says to stay away from chemicals on the screen as much as possible..

& @ Chief : .. did u get those in bangalore ? . . :D

Isnt there anything like one of those transparent screen protectors that you stick it on gadgets like psp, cellphones and Digital cameras?? I think that could (read the C-O-U-L-D) protect screen in a better way!

a better way is to just tape the plastic film that comes with the LCD with cello tape.It minimizes dust from settling on the screen.

Alright, first of all, those Microfiber cloth, are useless.

All they are good at, is taking the dust of the Screen. Suppose you have Finger marks, or anything as such, your going to need to clean your screen with some solution.

There is lens cleaning material available in Various Optician stops. Go get that, spray a bit on your screen, and use a normal Handkerchief, to clean it up.

The Sorcerer said:
Isnt there anything like one of those transparent screen protectors that you stick it on gadgets like psp, cellphones and Digital cameras?? I think that could (read the C-O-U-L-D) protect screen in a better way!

Yeah, that was the same thing I was wondering! I've seen those for CRT monitors too! :bleh:

Aditya said:
..............and use a normal Handkerchief, to clean it up.

What material 0.o" You get in different materials.

Anyways the reason is that I have googled it about this newly "brewing" situation

- LCDMaint
:hap2: Those who have tested this Fundas give us your true life story so that we can make this into a documentry and biatchslap Micheal Moore's documentry download:tongue:

Aditya said:
Alright, first of all, those Microfiber cloth, are useless.

All they are good at, is taking the dust of the Screen. Suppose you have Finger marks, or anything as such, your going to need to clean your screen with some solution.

There is lens cleaning material available in Various Optician stops. Go get that, spray a bit on your screen, and use a normal Handkerchief, to clean it up.

have u given micro fibre a try ? .. why r they bad ?

Theyre not "bad". Their overhyped. Specially by you :rofl:..

Its nothing but Static free cloth.

Use a Hanky which doesnt have any lint.

whoa whoa....spray them on the screen....directly????....dude Aditya dont freaking just spray them on the screen directly. Are you giving tip for a crt or lcd!!!!! Best option is those mild spectacles lens cleaner, pour couple of drops on the spectacle cleaner cloth and use it. There should be a clear flim to put over lcd screen for maintenance!!

You can do either.

Lens cleaner isnt harmful. Atleast not as Harmful as Colin is.

Dont worry, just spray a bit by bit directly, and dont let it seep into the edges.

wait....thats it...this topic is crazy. Let me show you what i use to clean my mac book

DSC00269.jpg

I given a place at Linking road Bandra to a mac dealer. So I bought a mac book from him. He said its better if I use this as well. Its a very good cleaner and its a better option, you get a cloth with it

DSC00270.jpg

There ya go-this is available in India-its from Dicota and this is the website:

DICOTA - Brilliant Gel now rep me up hahahaha

Kidding-see lcd cleaning is something you need to think about-its not crt. It is one of the mose expensive unit in your rig and all screens are usually the last thing that is overlooked or taken for granted. This is a better solution, although i wont recommend for laptop keyboard or even flat. Just put a little of it on the cloth and clean it-GENTLY.

Aditya said:
You can do either.

Lens cleaner isnt harmful. Atleast not as Harmful as Colin is.

Dont worry, just spray a bit by bit directly, and dont let it seep into the edges.

dont do it spraying is NOT advisable,can it can spray on to stuff near the moniter as well like speakers or mouse... or wat ever crap.

infact getting Dry cleaning on a regular basis (once a week) is always a Better option than wet cleaning once in a blue moon :bleh:

Back