Monitors how to take care of lcd?

The Sorcerer said:
wait....thats it...this topic is crazy. Let me show you what i use to clean my mac book
DSC00269.jpg

I given a place at Linking road Bandra to a mac dealer. So I bought a mac book from him. He said its better if I use this as well. Its a very good cleaner and its a better option, you get a cloth with it
DSC00270.jpg

There ya go-this is available in India-its from Dicota and this is the website:
DICOTA - Brilliant Gel now rep me up hahahaha

Kidding-see lcd cleaning is something you need to think about-its not crt. It is one of the mose expensive unit in your rig and all screens are usually the last thing that is overlooked or taken for granted. This is a better solution, although i wont recommend for laptop keyboard or even flat. Just put a little of it on the cloth and clean it-GENTLY.

Whats the PRICE ?
any bigger bottle ?

I dont remember the price-but I will phone up the mac guy and i will let you know. I dont know if its in lamington road but the address is

Maple computers, linking road, next to KBN, below planett health gym. Number is 26499628.

its 45 ml enough for 15 inch mac. You can call them up and ask they are good guys-mind you they sell in retail price and dont ask for discounts cos you know me. Once agan this is not an advertisement for selling stuff, its my recommendation-still wanna use colin? your wish.

Chief-Techie said:
dont do it spraying is NOT advisable,can it can spray on to stuff near the moniter as well like speakers or mouse... or wat ever crap.

infact getting Dry cleaning on a regular basis (once a week) is always a Better option than wet cleaning once in a blue moon :bleh:

Eh.. Have you even seen a Lens cleaning Spray Bottle?

The damn nossle is so small, and the spray radius is even smaller. Its going to take about about 6 sprays to cover a 20" WideScreen.

DICOTA - Brilliant Gel
Content: 45 ml
Ingredients: less than 5 % anionic tensid,less than 1 % sodium lauryle,more than 94 % water

not sure if these chemicals can damage to screens if any

Doubted, but i use the spray once a month. Weekly I use a lens cleaning cloth (not the same one with the solution-a dry one). Besides they sell alongwith NEC laptops (according to cnet anyways). I am not saying that just because they sell with NEC and its recommended by a mac seller, just because LCD screens deserve to be clean and without any finger prints. I like the idea of putting the plastic and taping it by a member (lazy to scroll down). Thats the ultimate and best option-why??? Because one can buy high end system, but very few can actually take care of it. Lets not forget, the time of CRT is fading from gaming and its hello to lcd, something which was a "dream" 3-4 years ago.

I dont recommend putting colin or spraying any (when I say any-i mean the lens cleaner too) lens cleaner directly and doing a karate kid's Wax-on Wax off ninja chacha moves. If you do so-just like how Dr. Spock says-Live Long and prosper (for the screen) :hap2: :tongue: :clap: :bleh:

The Sorcerer said:
Doubted, but i use the spray once a month. Weekly I use a lens cleaning cloth (not the same one with the solution-a dry one). Besides they sell alongwith NEC laptops (according to cnet anyways). I am not saying that just because they sell with NEC and its recommended by a mac seller, just because LCD screens deserve to be clean and without any finger prints. I like the idea of putting the plastic and taping it by a member (lazy to scroll down). Thats the ultimate and best option-why??? Because one can buy high end system, but very few can actually take care of it. Lets not forget, the time of CRT is fading from gaming and its hello to lcd, something which was a "dream" 3-4 years ago.

I dont recommend putting colin or spraying any (when I say any-i mean the lens cleaner too) lens cleaner directly and doing a karate kid's Wax-on Wax off ninja chacha moves. If you do so-just like how Dr. Spock says-Live Long and prosper (for the screen) :hap2: :tongue: :clap: :bleh:

well said mate :hap2: ... spraying is not advisable ... dont assume it to be a hair spray :p

Heh-the word hairstyle gave me an idea-this topic is hilarious so here goes another rap :clap:

Spraying Colin-on an lcd?????
Dude-its worth 11-20 grand, it aint for free!!!
And money dont go on tree!!!
Anyone can have a rig to brag about
You know what the guy said in tokyo drift-its not the ride, its the RIDER-now can you see the light!
Man people own 20.1 inch lcd for 18 grand-man your screen is right
Still using crt's colin on your lcd-man i salute your might
Maybe that guy can use the floor cleaner on the lcd-MAN THAT WILL BE THE NIGHT!!!!
Whoa relax hommie-I aint trying to pick a fight!!!
Grow up-this is LCD-it aint your 1950's cranky panky baloon screen!!!
Guys thinking about using spray directly to the screen-reminds me of a famous article on cleaning-written by Mr. Bean!!!
Dont mess with me!! My screen is clean.
You need a wake up call-like the thud when king kong fell!!!
I use it once a blue moon-even though it says "cleaning gel"
The bigger the sword-the heavier the maintanence-hope that rings a bell
Next time some might say we use a dandruff shampoo...WTF
I dont know-your dad seems to be earning big buck
If your screen melts-i will play and say-AWWWW BAD LUCK
Reality is your a smuck!!!!!
Moral of the story is-maintanence shows the love for the machine-here my advice-take it as a token
I am out of this thread-SORCERER HAS JUST SPOKEN!!!

The Sorcerer said:
Heh-the word hairstyle gave me an idea-this topic is hilarious so here goes another rap :clap:

Spraying Colin-on an lcd?????
Dude-its worth 11-20 grand, it aint for free!!!
And money dont go on tree!!!
Anyone can have a rig to brag about
You know what the guy said in tokyo drift-its not the ride, its the RIDER-now can you see the light!
Man people own 20.1 inch lcd for 18 grand-man your screen is right
Still using crt's colin on your lcd-man i salute your might
Maybe that guy can use the floor cleaner on the lcd-MAN THAT WILL BE THE NIGHT!!!!
Whoa relax hommie-I aint trying to pick a fight!!!
Grow up-this is LCD-it aint your 1950's cranky panky baloon screen!!!
Guys thinking about using spray directly to the screen-reminds me of a famous article on cleaning-written by Mr. Bean!!!
Dont mess with me!! My screen is clean.
You need a wake up call-like the thud when king kong fell!!!
I use it once a blue moon-even though it says "cleaning gel"
The bigger the sword-the heavier the maintanence-hope that rings a bell
Next time some might say we use a dandruff shampoo...WTF
I dont know-your dad seems to be earning big buck
If your screen melts-i will play and say-AWWWW BAD LUCK
Reality is your a smuck!!!!!
Moral of the story is-maintanence shows the love for the machine-here my advice-take it as a token
I am out of this thread-SORCERER HAS JUST SPOKEN!!!
hmmmm....nice rap....u sure are creative...btw why dont you sing and upload in mp3 form.... :eek:hyeah: :bleh: now that might be hilarious...

Aditya said:
Alright, first of all, those Microfiber cloth, are useless.

All they are good at, is taking the dust of the Screen. Suppose you have Finger marks, or anything as such, your going to need to clean your screen with some solution.

There is lens cleaning material available in Various Optician stops. Go get that, spray a bit on your screen, and use a normal Handkerchief, to clean it up.

ya thats true u can use RENU and contact lens cleaner

I heard some folks at XS tried KY Jelly and found out it does a really sad job at cleaning. Infact it left permanent oil sleak on his monitor.

KiD0M4N said:
I heard some folks at XS tried KY Jelly and found out it does a really sad job at cleaning. Infact it left permanent oil sleak on his monitor.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hate people who use gels be it for there hair or there Lcd's :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is a stupid thought, but multiple stupid thoughts give one good idea, for example the boxer briefs for monkeys.

Is it possible to design a custom acrylic sheet and use a velco or something like that and use it as a shield??? Its a thought...its a freaking draft!!!!! DONT JUMP ON ME

KiD0M4N said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

KY Jelly is widely used as sexual lubricant ! I think he'd been reading lotta mag's recently :p

Back