How to transfer 650 contacts from nokia to spice ?

Charun

Skilled
Hello members,
my cousin has recently purchased a spice qwerty keypad mobile

earlier he had a n70 in which he still has 650 contacts

now the problem is how do i transfer these 650 contacts to the spice mobile ?

i tried doing that with data transfer but i can transfer only 20 contacts at the most

any method or has anyone done this before ?

manu1991 said:
Use Copy to SIM . You can transfer 250 contacts at a time using this.
thenvk said:
there will be a copy contacts to sim option.. you have to do it about 4-5 times, as the sim might hold 130 contacts.
so you both mean to say that i should copy around 150 contacts at a time to sim card in n70 then transfer it to spice and repeat this procedure right ?

but will there be any option in the spice mobile to transfer sim contacts to phone ?

3rd option copy all thd contacts from your nokia cell phone to your pc using nokia pc suite.
Next install the phone manager/or the software that came with your spice cell phone, and copy all the contacts from pc to your cell phone

hope it works :)

You can...

1. Send contacts via Bluetooth link. Provided both pair.

2. Or sync them to Outlook as contacts.

3. Via the SIM sequentially.

I dunno about the SIMs available today but my SIM only fits 100 contacts but the worst part is that only a few characters get saved of each contact. It shouldn't be a big issue unless you've got people with large names.

Unfortunately I screwed up because I named every TE contact on my phone as: TechEnclave - Abhishek, TechEnclave - Tushar. When I put my SIM in my new phone all that came was TechEnclave/1, TechEnclave/2, TechEnclave/3 ... :mad:

there should be a option to export contact in phone book. inside it is import csv option. i used pc suite to sync with outlook -> export csv from outlook -. import it in spice (m4580) . although i lost spaces in the names (firstname lastname have become "firstnamelast") . but its still usable.

For me the best option works out to be RSEVEN (assuming both phones support the app)

Install this on the source phone and upload all contacts in your RSEVEN account and install the app in destination phone and again sync the contacts and you will have all of them back very quickly.

Sim transfer is not a good option. First option should be bluetooth transfer.If that doesn't work it means that spice has a different file format for the contacts.Find out what contact type spice saves the contact information in.Nokia usually does .csv Next find a converter from net. I had done this when I switched from sony ericsson to nokia.

Back