how to transfer money from sbi account to other bank account?

Apply for third party transfer facility. You will get a packet containing Uer ID and password. Go to netbanking log in page of the bank and register the recipient for NEFT as a beneficiary using details like Name, Bank Name, Branch, IFSC code etc. After 24 hours you can transfer the amount in the comforts of your home. Alternatively you can go to your branch and do the transfer. They will charge Rs.5/- IIRC.

janitha said:
Apply for third party transfer facility. You will get a packet containing Uer ID and password. Go to netbanking log in page of the bank and register the recipient for NEFT as a beneficiary using details like Name, Bank Name, Branch, IFSC code etc. After 24 hours you can transfer the amount in the comforts of your home. Alternatively you can go to your branch and do the transfer. They will charge Rs.5/- IIRC.

yar wtf this SBI sucks interm's of customer satisfaction i told her that i need to transfer money to some other banks account and she gave me only sbi to sbi rights

mod edit : kindly avoid foul language

manpreetsingh46 said:
yar wtf this SBI sucks interm's of customer satisfaction i told her that i need to transfer money to some other banks account and she gave me only sbi to sbi rites

yea thats y their popular advertisements say..

PURE BANKING, NOTHING ELSE

manpreetsingh46 said:
yar wtf this SBI sucks interm's of customer satisfaction i told her that i need to transfer money to some other banks account and she gave me only sbi to sbi rites

Twice or thrice I had done it through the SBT (part of SBI group) branch without much problems. But of course, it is easier with HDFC or ICICI.

Third party transfer is for SBI to SBI transfers. For transferring to another Bank use the option Inter Bank Transfer. If you can do SBI to SBI transfer, you can transfer money to other Banks also.

Go to the nearest SBI branch, get a deposit-slip from the counter, fill-up the details, wait for ur turn, get the deposit done, collect the receipt. :p

Cos u'd find at least one SBI branch somewhere close to ur place.. :p

Minus the waiting time, this seems to be a much feasible option than the internet banking. For net-banking ICICI ftw!! :eek:hyeah:

omg making a cash deposit for non-home account is a total nightmare for SBI. bank itself is open till 3pm and the branches near my house close non-home cash deposits at 2pm (i think its the same for all?). that itself isnt much of a problem, but damn you need to have a around 2hrs for waiting in the line. theres always a huge line going outside of the bank.

Back