Android How to transfer whatsapp back from android to ios

girish925

Adept
Hello guys one of my friend just purchased an iphone 13 pro, upgraded from samsung s10 plus.Now the issue is her whatsapp chat back up is around 11 gb, local shop guy tried everything but its not happening, its difficult to carry 2 phones to the office, any easiest way to do this :)

You will need to use a paid program to do it. Do note- it's also a bit sketchy. You have to install a custom version of whatsapp instead on your android phone and it involves decrypting the backup files so that they can be transferred. It does work though- I used it to transfer data from my android phone to my iphone. [Backup was only 3GB] though

How paid programs do it is using an old version of WhatsApp exploiting a glitch. However, WhatAapp did release a news letter kind off that they themselves will be providing support for that soon. That is the same reason I am holding to buy a new phone (Shifting from android to ios) and also waiting for iPhone 14 haha :>

Hello guys one of my friend just purchased an iphone 13 pro, upgraded from samsung s10 plus.Now the issue is her whatsapp chat back up is around 11 gb, local shop guy tried everything but its not happening, its difficult to carry 2 phones to the office, any easiest way to do this :)
There is no free tool/app to do it u have to use this or any other similar tool to do it.

Have personally used the above and it worked for my every time i had used. Cost approx 1.5k for 5 devices.

There is no free tool/app to do it u have to use this or any other similar tool to do it.

Have personally used the above and it worked for my every time i had used. Cost approx 1.5k for 5 devices.
Has anyone tried this ?

1655318754224.png

So it up and working as of now one needs to be on What's app beta version.

IOS 15.5, IOS 16 as its the beta version. So 15.5 as of now.

Attachments

• 20220619_100334.jpg
    20220619_100334.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220619_100319.jpg
    20220619_100319.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 20220619_100244.jpg
    20220619_100244.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20220619_100643.jpg
    20220619_100643.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Yes for Samsung phone, They already added this feature last year using smart switch one can transfer what’s app backup from Apple to Samsung phones only, No idea about other brands.

The one caveat is that the iphone should be new/factory reset and in new device setup page to use this feature.

What about iOS to Android? My FIL wants to change his phone and it is iPhone and he is planning android.

What about iOS to Android? My FIL wants to change his phone and it is iPhone and he is planning android.
You're in luck if you have a Samsung with Android 10+. You just need a lightning to USB C (or lightning cable + OTG) to hook up the iPhone to your Samsung; Samsung Smart Switch should detect the iPhone and help you get your Whatsapp setup.
Android 12 supports Whatsapp transfer as well, I believe you need a phone that comes out of the box with Android 12. Factory reset and follow the restore instructions. You'll need a lightning to C-type cable/lightning+ OTG to hook it up again.

For any other Android, unfortunately, you'd have to find one of the above 2 options temporarily, load whatsapp, back it up to G-drive and then load it again on the new device.

Video for reference for iPhone to Samsung:
(Hindi, couldn't bother to find an English video)
Video reference for iPhone to Android 12 smartphone:
(Telegu, couldn't be bothered to find an English tutorial haha)

Alternatively, you can purchase those apps that exist for doing this. They do have a high probability of success, but there's always a slight chance of it not working.

Cheers.

Update- Transfering whats app from Android to Ios was fine but from Ios to Android messed it all the sent images and received images are now showing in one folder in gallery.

Back