Linux How to triple boot Win XP, 7 and Ubuntu 10.10???

hot zubs

Disciple
hello folks,
i want to install windows Xp, 7 and ubuntu 10.10 on the same hdd, i had installed Xp and 7 on the first two partitions of my hdd and it was working perfectly fine and i installed ubuntu on the last partition of the hdd with EXT4 journaling file system, when the installation was complete and when i clicked restart now it gave me an error [1041.295617] end_request : I/O error, dev sr0, sector 533512 and the system keeps on restarting again and again but doesn't reach the boot record...

and now when i was trying to install xp again i see the first drive and the last drive in which xp and ubuntu respectively was their is totally empty...
why is this happening???
whats wrong with my installation???

i have tried this stuff 2 times, but same thing happened again:mad:

IMO its always better to install ubuntu inside windows using wubi, its safe, i am using all 3 using that method :)

^^^
i want to directly boot into ubuntu dude, as the boot time will radically reduce and my work will be much faster

i remember i used xp, vista and ubuntu almost a year back and there was no prob at all, i dont know whats wrong now

Just install inside windows and dwnld easyBCD to edit ur boot loader, set 0-5 sec(or any thing acc to u) boot delay.

Its is possible to install ubuntu without wubi but i feel safe to remain away from these grub and mbr :p

can u please tell me how to install ubuntu without wubi and whats wrong with my installation why am i not getting any OS entry while booting the system

I exactly dont know whats wrong with your setup, but it makes me remember the same prob with Ubuntu 8.04, you should check the jumper setting for your Hard-disk and CD/DVD Rom as they may both be in cable select mode which produces this error in 8.04.

And about triple booting, all i can refer you to is this two steps..

1) If you can boot into Ubuntu and nothing more, then repair your MBR with windows 7 DVD and go with FIXMBR. Then proceed with 2nd option.

2) If you can boot into Windows 7 and wants to setup for triple boot, then go with EasyBCD and edit your boot menu for Windows Xp and Ubuntu both along with Windows 7. That's all. :)

If you need any help at any place just i will be glad to help you out.

i have all 3 OS installed. what i did was

1) full clean format

2) made three partitions

3) installed ubuntu 10.10 first

4) then 7 and last xp

only problem i faced was that i had to manually update Grub2 after 7 and xp installations, from live cd.

before this i had problem during boot up when i installed ubuntu after an xp installation.

Back