User Guides How to unlock Orange San Francisco II / ZTE Crescent

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]To simplify the complete unlocking procedure, I am creating a simplified step by step procedure for unlocking/debranding Orange San Francisco II aka ZTE Crescent mobile phone.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Note: If you have any doubt in the steps mentioned below, feel free to PM me, would try to reply at the earliest.[/font]

0L8kz.jpg

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]PLEASE READ FIRST:

Please make sure you have WinRar installed as you will need this to open the files. If you don’t already have it installed you can download it from http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This guide will also show you how to debrand your phone (this means that it gets rid of all the annoying apps and restrictions that Orange has put on the phone).[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Also, before proceeding with this procedure, make sure that your phone is charged at least 30%[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]STEPS:[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1. Take the Micro-SD card out of your phone and put it in your computer. (Or connect your phone to your computer, making sure file sharing is enabled).[/font]​

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2. Download http://www.mediafire...kwrc04480v6eyrg . This is the ROM you need to install to get rid of the Orange branding. Once you’ve downloaded it, rename it ‘update’ and place it on the SD card (not in any folders). Now you can put the SD card back in your phone.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3. Now in your Desktop, download the file from http://www.mediafire...zy3uybf8ouglf62 . This is the main folder full of all the files you will need.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]4. Extract OSF_II_Unlocking.rar (You can do this by right clicking on the file and choosing ‘extract here’)[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]5. Open the extracted folder, then open ’01 USB Drive’ and install the driver (Handset_USB_Driver.exe)[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]6. Go back to the main folder and open ’02 QPST2.7_366’, and double click on ‘setup’ to install QPST.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]7. On your phone, enable USB debugging (Menu, Settings, Applications, Development, make sure USB debugging has a green tick next to it)[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]8. Connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable and wait for the computer to recognise the device. Now go back to the main folder (OSF_II_Unlocking) and open ’03 Preparation’.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]9. Open the ‘install-recovery-windows’ file. This may take up to 10 minutes to complete but only took 5 seconds for me. Do not touch the phone while the process is happening. Once complete, disconnect the USB cable, switch off phone and remove battery.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If your phone gets stuck on the android logo and doesn't change for a few minutes and WindowsRecovery says 'waiting for device', you can skip this step.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10. Re-insert the battery and switch on the phone, holding the volume down button at the same time. Your screen should say ‘FTM’ on it. Reconnect USB cable.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]11. Open ‘QPST Configuration’ - you installed this earlier. (Open Start menu, Search for QPST)[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]12. Click the tab labelled ‘ports’, then ‘Add new port’. Click on the only port available in the white box, and then click OK. [/font]( If you see mutilple ports, then choose COM6 -USB/QC diagnostic )[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]13. Now select ‘Start Clients’ at the top of the window, and choose ‘software download’.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]14. Select the ‘Backup’ tab and choose the location you want to save the QCN file (any location is fine). Click start.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]15. Back to the main folder again, OSF_II_Unlocking, open ’04 Unlock SFII’ and run ‘download’. Press ‘START’ to start the unlocking process – this will take about 10 minutes. If 'start' is greyed out, try disabling your antivirus and firewall.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]16. Open ‘QPST Configuration’ again, select ‘start client’ and then ‘software download’ from the menu.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]17. Select the ‘Restore’ tab, and click browse to find the QCN file that you saved earlier. (Make sure “Allow phone/file ESN mismatch†is checked, then click ‘Start’.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]18. Remove the USB cable and battery, and insert your giffgaff sim card.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]19. Switch the phone back on. You should be represented with a menu. Select ‘apply sdcard:update.zip’, then select yes. Your phone should now start up and be fully unlocked and debranded![/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Note: If you have any doubt in the steps mentioned below, feel free to PM me, would try to reply at the earliest. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Also, do not forget to like/rep this post.
<
[/font]
[/font]

This information will help bro. But pics would have made it a visual tutorial too.
<

Already unlocked my phone now .. Would be difficult for me to click the pics again ...

Trust me the guide is as simple as 2+2= ?

I have taken lots of efforts to simplify the process.

If you go step by step, it will be very easy ... No need to refer to snapshots ..

If you search for the procedure on Modaco forums, it has been stated as if we were born with an android phone.. Too complicated.

Any doubts, you can always PM me
<

Hi ,

Once ques for Rocker123..

Do we have to buy that 10 GBP top up or if someone using the Orange SIM can use his card for purchase ?

Hi,
I tried the step by step procedure, but got stuck @ step 15. Even after disabling the Firewall and Anti Virus, START option is still greyed put. Please help.

Back