How to update the XBOX ONE X to latest OS?

So I did not turn on my XBOX one X for a long time. Last game that i played on it was HALO 5. So I fired up the XBOX to check whats new on gamepass , xbox store offers etc etc. As usual the start up was rather long and i was greeted with the update screen. It said something that a new update is required and the downloads is going to be approx. 4.5GB. All looked fine and I started the update process. But the update process was stuck at 4% downloading for a really long time (45 mins or so). My internet speed is about 75 MBPS and it should definitely NOT take that long time. So i switched off the console by holding the power button. Now when I start the xbox I am greeted with a black screen. Absolutely nothing on TV. Simple black screen. Did some google and it seems that i need to reset the console by soft reset option.

So I went in the safe mode and reset my console "keeping the apps and games". Again I was prompted to update the console and once again the download was stuck. This time it was stuck at 35%. Once again I reset the console and this time the download was complete but the installer got stuck at VERIFYING (at 1%). i have downloaded the updates three times and it gets stuck at VERIFYING each time.

What a $hit show. I am trying to update the console since morning and downloaded the update 5-6 times. What a PITA. It reminds of terrible windows updates of past and the updates did almost nothing but they screwed you in so many weird ways. What a waste. :mad:

Anyway is there any alternate way to update / skip the damn update and log in?

Back