How to upgrade firmware on nokia phone?

Rahul

Skilled
anyone knows here that how to upgrade firmware on nokia phone as in mine 7610 firmware is quite old and there are some new firmwares available ..... but i don't know how to upgrade?? do i need some special kind of hardware .....

thanks
Rahul

rahul baba...one cant upgrade nokia firmware at home....nokia dosent provide the facilty unfortunatly..if u want to upgrade ur firmware u need to go an authorised nokia service centre and ask them 2 do it

IceFusion said:
rahul baba...one cant upgrade nokia firmware at home....nokia dosent provide the facilty unfortunatly..if u want to upgrade ur firmware u need to go an authorised nokia service centre and ask them 2 do it
thanks buddy for the tip :D .... how much they charge for the update :) .... any idea??

yup..nothing if phones under warranty...but if it isnt they can charge from 350 to 700 depeding on the phones model...dont have idea of prices abt exact model

yeah phone is under warranty ..... and purchased from a nokia dealer ..... i think i will go and ask them to update it ..... lets see if any improvements are there ...... )

Hi Rahul,

You need to go to a nokia care center in your city to flash the phone. I stay in mumbai and the closest to me was phoenix. The charges are around 600rs. My phone was in warranty, hence no charge, but a friend of mine had a 6230 and he was charged 600 Rs. All you need is the official bill from the shop where you bought the phone.

For cochin the address where you will need to go to flash the phone is --

http://www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,45554,00.html

Hope that helps

BTW guys, suppose my nokia phone supports symbian 6.0, is it possible to upgrade to say 7.0 or something like that, via a firmware upgrade?

^^Yeah, but those sort of devices are damn expensive.
A much widely used box called the jaf flasher, used for doing fw upgrade from pc costs a cool 200 dollars.

Back