How to use Beam broadband on multiple terminals

Dear frnds,

I have a beam broadband connection(4MBps) at my home in Hyderabad and i want to use this connection on multiple terminals at the same time.
The terminals i may use at most are
1. PC (with no WIFI modem)
2. Notebook with WIFI
3. Mobile device with WIFI ( ipod/any mobile with WIFI)
is there any hardware i can use to connect with all these devices simultaneously.
Beam uses an ethernet/LAN cable instead of a modem and is a login protected, the login expires after 2 hours without activity

I use similar kind of login system .. I use wifi router ... and have requested for MAC ID unlock so that I can access on any device I connect it from.

Hi,

I am using multiple devices ( all the ones you mentioned) through a Wifi router, not sure about the 2 hour inactivity disconnection, as you can login again from any device that you try to connect, from the beam portal.

I have the same setup. beam cable doesnt lock based on the mac id at all...

I connect the beam cable to the netgear router. then connect the pc using lan cable. all the other devices like phone xbox laptop etc... connect using wifi. its pretty straight forward.

mamaji.pramod said:
^thanks for the reply

u mean i need to ask my ISP to unlock MAC ID
yeah ask them to do that so that even if you remove your router to connect directly on LAN card you dont have to clone MAC address and at the end of the day it helps . You have a HTTP login / Client based login ? and if you have both like methen removing the MAC ID Binding will make it easier for you to setup or change at ease.

Back