How to use BSNL Broadband on 3 PCs

I am having a BSNL Broadband connection.

Can anyone tell me how can i use it on 3 PC's and my XBOX 360.

Is it possible to use it on all the PCs at the same time.

I have got a ethernet switch.

ya buy a wireless router and i guess you can do it...greenhorn knows more on that....infact the guy has only one connections and it is used by 3 pcs @ his home

Use a router. We have an airtel connection at home, which is connectd to a Buffalo router, which gives 4 ethernet points and around 170 wireless connections.

Anyway we use 1 lan, and 6 wireless devices on it.

use your modem's built in dialer.

then just connect the modem as well as your 3 pc's to the switch.

please let us know which model modem you have to help you configure it :)

Roughly these r the steps :

- The main PC which is connected to BSNL modem shd have 2 lan cards. One lan card is connected to the modem, the other to the switch using a cross link cable.

- Connect the remaining pc's to the switch using normal cat5 cable.

- Assign same workgroup to all the PC's including the main pc.

- Assign some ip to the pc's u want to share net on.
e.g 200.100.100.10 (11, 12, 13 for each shared pc) , subnet (common for all) : 255.255.255.0

- back to main pc, run a free proxy application or use win XP's built in Internet connection sharing feature.

- reboot all pc's.

now boot the main pc, connect using the dialer and run the proxy sw <OR> if using ICS, windows will do the rest.

So you don't need any router, just a switch is enough + u shd have 2 lan cards in your main pc. Thats it.

first thing...u have to connect all the pc's in a LAN..then just click on internet sharing on main pc..right click on network connection then right click on ur broadband connection go to advance check the box under internet sharing.."allow other user to share this connection box"...if ur networking is fine and ok..u will be able to use internet on all pc..let me know is it helpfull or not?

harry, the method you're thinking about now , - in argus's post and the link in rahulrulez's post , it's a bit complex

The easiest way - Your modem should have a built in dialer. Post which modem you have and I'll tell you what to do.

Basically, once you've configured your modem to auto dial, just connect it to your switch, and all the other PC's to your switch, and you will have net :D

greenhorn said:
harry, the method you're thinking about now , - in argus's post and the link in rahulrulez's post , it's a bit complex

The easiest way - Your modem should have a built in dialer. Post which modem you have and I'll tell you what to do.

Basically, once you've configured your modem to auto dial, just connect it to your switch, and all the other PC's to your switch, and you will have net :D

I have MT880 modem. Is there any dialer inside to dial local phone numbers?I want to receive and send fax through this router/modem:)

cool_boy4ua said:
I have MT880 modem. Is there any dialer inside to dial local phone numbers?I want to receive and send fax through this router/modem:)

sorry you cant do that :p

the dialer just dials to connect to internet that's

greenhorn said:
sorry you cant do that :p
the dialer just dials to connect to internet that's

:no: there must be dialer for numbers inside.well i have to put old PCI dialup modem inside now.The problem is that all PCI slots are filled:( buying new external dialup modem seems not worthy)

the process of configuring the modem's dialer is written here

Configuring BSNL Dataone via Dare Global DB108 on Ubuntu | Zyxware Technologies

If you've done it correctly, you will be able to acess net :)

Save the page before you start messing with the modem. If you think you've messed up something , just change things back to the way they were.

Good luck :hap2:

A bit OT : zyxware is an open source solutions /hardware provider operating out of tvm :D

Back