how to use RS or MegaUpload..

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi all..

I know nothing about RS hence the thread..

Can we use it like torrents??
How do i search for links..say a new movie..music or show..??
Is there any s/w for continuous download like torrents.where i can queue it up??..
Is it worth more than private trackers??
Jerin

I prefer RS premium service........ not the free one.

RS download works like imageshack. Users upload..... ppl download.

even DAP works with rapidshare [ only premium accounts]

concept of torrent is quite different. RS and MU works like normal download from a website . all you have to find the link , copy and paste it to the address bar.

OT -- is it worth buying a seedbox or a RS premiuim account ????

same question...is it worth to have RS premium account..

and how to search for a particular on RS??

All the site I came across for RS search are paid

RS download limits have dropped to 80gb/month (apllied on daily basis). Thats just 2.66gb per day. Complete waste of money for those on 2mbps connections.

jerin said:
Hi all..

I know nothing about RS hence the thread..

Is there any s/w for continuous download like torrents.where i can queue it up??..
Jerin

sharmapu said:
same question...is it worth to have RS premium account..
and how to search for a particular on RS??
All the site I came across for RS search are paid

For searching rapidshare files

Rapidshare-search-engine.com - Find files on rapidshare

zhopudey said:
RS download limits have dropped to 80gb/month (apllied on daily basis). Thats just 2.66gb per day. Complete waste of money for those on 2mbps connections.

:( ur right... hence a seedbox + torrents makes more sense for 2mbps guys :)

Advantages:

* Full Speeds

* no transfer Limit

* no ratio worries :)

guys, ( with no premium account on RS and MU) u can try USDownloader. As there is no more captcha, it should work. I havent tried it recently as I am having problem with by lappy (probably OS problem). Will chech myself again on VMWare.

And as for searching a file on RS is concerned, why digg the ocean, look for the ones who plant the fish.... :D sharmapu and jerin u will get PM

Post from another forum:

I tried US Downloader for the first time myself after a couple of years.
Yesterday at prime time, I pasted 6 movies a 700Mb into US Downloader. Initially the speed was very slow (about 30 kbps). Gradually it went up to about 250 - 300 Kb later at night and when I checked this morning the last file was just about going to complete. I did another tweak using the US Downloader build in scheduler to run a little external program called DR-easy UPnP 1.07 after each download (directly assigns me a new IP via my router) in this way overcoming the 15 min waiting time. Though this was created for Fritz!box it worked on my router as well.

BTW, I tried buying a 1 month account on MU, but the paypal page that opened up was in chinese! :S I got scared and didn't proceed :p

thanks guys (rep on the way)

Few more queries:

- I have recently shifted to 1mbps connection and its so difficult to get a working public torrent for HD rips...

- So in this case RS(limit is killing) and MegaShare or magaupload (i think no limit) seems to be good option ??? or we have something better?

- Not a single clue abt speedbox (have seen IC also but could not understand a single thing)

jerin said:
Do you mean the free or premium a/c? Also when you say "use it like torrents" what exactly do you mean?

It's a HTTP based transfer. The files are uploaded on the RS servers & you'll be given a link to download from. RS allows upto 200MB file to be uploaded at once. So if you want to download a 700MB movie then it will mostly be in rar'd format. Once you download all rar files you just need to extract the movie. Unlike torrents this doesn't rely on seeder peer build up for getting optimal speeds. If you get a premium a/c you will be getting the top most speed of your internet download speed. You can pause & resume accordingly (premium user again).

Not sure if the rules will allow this so PM me if you like to know more.

Internet Download Manager. It's the best. You can queue all your download even schedule it to begin at a particular time & end the download as well. Very very easy.

Hell yeah. I have shifted to RS since 6 months now & it gives me optimal speed for my 2 megs line.

The only downside if you're buying a premium a/c now is that RS has capped the total download for the day at 2.65GB or 80GB/per month. So if you have a very fast connection & can download more than this then probably it gets wasted. I myself am very disappointed with this rule. Earlier it was 10GB which was more than enough. Wait for sometime & get the a/c after this stupid policy if lifted.

ok guys.... thnx for all the replies...

now i wanted a new connection....

2 options are infront of me..

1. take a tata indicom quick power with night 2 MBps.... UL

2. Airtel UL 1 MBps for 2500 pm...

can guys from trivandrum say these connections good here??

are there any other alternatives???

jerin said:
ok guys.... thnx for all the replies...

now i wanted a new connection....

2 options are infront of me..

1. take a tata indicom quick power with night 2 MBps.... UL
2. Airtel UL 1 MBps for 2500 pm...

can guys from trivandrum say these connections good here??
are there any other alternatives???

Check locally how their services are over there, only take the tata connection if you are not goin to use in the day, but airtel would be better in service and everything

w1nD said:
these days MU rocks :) even megashares rocks :) atleast for my speed :p

I'm having problems with MS :( If I shut down my PC in the morning, my d/ls don't resume again at night :mad: I hate that stupid linkcard system of theirs.

zhopudey said:
I'm having problems with MS :( If I shut down my PC in the morning, my d/ls don't resume again at night :mad: I hate that stupid linkcard system of theirs.

In ms if your net ip gets changed then you have to relogin to their site for the download to resume...

i always flush and renew my IP to download from such sites...so i dont have to wait for a day or hours on end if i want to download from RS,MU,MS...u name it i have tried all and succeeded:eek:hyeah: :hap2: ...

btw this only works if u have DHCP protocol...otherwise it doesn't...

I know it's a little expensive but after finding out that RS had reduced the daily to 2.66GB, i always go for the 3 months account for Rs. 1100 and buy an additional traffic of 100GB from RS for Rs. 800 :)

Back