How to Use the Same WhatsApp Account on Multiple Phones

blr_p

Skilled

After you install the app and it asks for the phone number there is a pulldown menu to check for

link to existing account.jpg

I didn't see 'Link to existing account when I downloaded Whatsapp today and installed it on the phone. Only Help was visible.

So we've not yet got this feature yet

I installed it on my laptop and it works fine but it does not download all the data. Only a certain number of messages per account and then tells you to use the phone to see earlier. This is a downer. I wish it got all.

It works offline. My phone battery died but I still got a WhatsApp message over the internet on the PC and could reply. Apparently, the phone can be offline for a max of 14 days.

Yes, business has had this feature for some time and I think it was a paid feature.

The news is they are rolling it out to the general public now....

That beta build number does not look to be too far off. The third digit needs to be a 9 in the play store

So since you have it are all messages visible or only a subset? as happens on the PC

It works offline. My phone battery died but I still got a WhatsApp message over the internet on the PC and could reply. Apparently, the phone can be offline for a max of 14 days.
Since, you replied from your PC, did that part of the conversation later appeared on the phone ?

And here I'm struggling with Archived option. I need to bring it down to the bottom but seems whatsapp removed that setting.

Yes, the messages appear on the phone when it is connected to the internet.
Yep, when both PC and mobile are online, msgs on both devices will be synchronized, so I suppose msgs will appear on both devices.
But when mobile is offline and u do some msging from PC, does those msgs appear on mobile when it comes online at later point ?

But when mobile is offline and u do some msging from PC, does those msgs appear on mobile when it comes online at later point ?
yes

Recent messages will appear. It's the older ones that do not. There seems to be some limit where you cannot browse all of them. I don't know if its date based or a number of posts based.
I have version 77

If I install whatsapp on a second phone. How did you link the second phone to the first one?

I do not get that 'link to another device' as shown in the post on top on the second phone even with version 77. There is no QR code to scan either

If I enter the phone number it will invalidate the first phone and download all messages on the second phone.

Last edited:
yes

Recent messages will appear. It's the older ones that do not. There seems to be some limit where you cannot browse all of them. I don't know if its date based or a number of posts based.

I have version 77

If I install whatsapp on a second phone. How did you link the second phone to the first one?

I do not get that 'link to another device' as shown in the post on top on the second phone even with version 77. There is no QR code to scan either

If I enter the phone number it will invalidate the first phone and download all messages on the second phone.
I opened whatsapp on my second phone, pressed the three vertical dots and I select the options to link device and then a QR code appears which I scanned with my primary phone. Don't know if it makes a difference - i used ios as my primary and an android as my secondary device.
I have version 77
On my android phone it is also version 77.
I did nothing extra. Downloaded whatsapp from playstore, pressed the three vertical dots and the option to link existing account appears...

Last edited:
I opened whatsapp on my second phone, pressed the three vertical dots and I select the options to link device and then a QR code appears which I scanned with my primary phone.
Yep as the first post shows but that 'link to existing' account does not appear :banghead:
Don't know if it makes a difference - i used ios as my primary and an android as my secondary device.
it should not matter as the app on the second phone does not know about the first until you link it.

Maybe i should just reinstall the app again. AND THAT FIXED IT :woot:

Back