PC Peripherals how to view desktop pc on television

if u r using a graphic card there is an tv out port at the back of card use any s-video to rca connector for video connection and a 3.5mm to rca cable for the audio.If u r not hving any graphic card then its not possible with onboard card.But the quality is very bad not ideal for gaming and viewing documents

s-video to rca

7_Pin_S_Video_to_RCA_AC_Cable_Adapter_Converter.jpg

3.5mm to rca

ipod-rca.jpg

each cable will cost u ard 100 bucks

Well, i used to play NFS Most Wanted to my 29" TV using RCA cables and it looked awesome. Don't know about the HD gaming and all but it looked awesome even at 800x600 resolutions.

It's definitely worth a try and if u don't like stop playing on ur TV.

Documents look very bad coz a TV is not built for static images.

be careful with your eyes.....i was using my 29" tv as my monitor...when i was alone at home....real strain on your eyes...u can watch movies on it...but dont use it for gaming for long hrs...with wired keyboard and mouse u cant game by sitting far from your TV....

clown_abhi said:
Well, i used to play NFS Most Wanted to my 29" TV using RCA cables and it looked awesome. Don't know about the HD gaming and all but it looked awesome even at 800x600 resolutions.

It's definitely worth a try and if u don't like stop playing on ur TV.

Documents look very bad coz a TV is not built for static images.

who plays:( as quality suck I cant imagine playing crysis,farcry 2 on tv:bleh: :bleh:

I hv ma 22inch lcd for gaming

@techie_007 no dude its not available

H@cKer said:
who plays:( as quality suck I cant imagine playing crysis,farcry 2 on tv:bleh: :bleh:

I hv ma 22inch lcd for gaming

I had a 15" monitor when i used to play NFS and hence preferred the 29" TV :bleh:

U have a 22", hence u won't go to a TV...:cool2:

techie_007 said:
Dont you get any VGA-out to component cables for the same? Just asking :ashamed:

Correction: Need to connect VGA-out to LCD TV in fact, so digital inputs are required :ashamed: so VGA to digital, wat cable do I need?

I tried this once, but partially failed.here is how:

* when i switch on the TV, i can see the BIOS

* Then the Boot screen comes and i can see the standard desktop. Video quality is very poor, hardly readable.

* THen i try to play a movie(Normal ones), surprisingly I get a Blank screen in the Media player area on TV. Rest screen renders correctly on V. however the same it visible on my Computer Monitor. i mean the full screen with desktop + movie

* So i opened Nvidia control panel, try to change a few settings and hoping some magic would happen.

* Nothing happens except, the TV stop displaying feeds from PC and gives me a Blue scree, indicating "no signal"

* I try to reboot, i get the display again, but that display remains on till BIOS . after Windows xp loads, i get a Blue screen again

I have Nvidia 6200 128mb with TV-out, also have the appropriate cable plugged into AV-port of TV set.

My television set of 29" size, standard CRT.Windows Xp sp2

This problem also happened with my onboard Intel 945 chipset. I just had to go to the video configuration in the graphics properties and sync both TV and laptop. Try to find a option in Nvidia control Panel for the same like detecting another monitor or something like that and that should resolve the problem of signal not coming from PC.

Assumin: the blue screen dat u are talking about is the default blue screen of TVs when no signal is coming.

Back