Video How to watch 3D movies in Sony KDL55EX720?

Metalspree

Skilled
Been trying to watch 3D movies on Sony KDL55EX720 but failed. Can some one point out what shoiuld be the 3D format of the movies , there is side by side 3D and there is regular one. I downloaded side by side and activated 3D but still its not working. Could not find any guide online as well.

Have 4 pair of 3D glasses which were purhcased along with theTV.

TIA
happy19.gif

i am unsure about these 3d tvs as i dont have personal experience with those 3d glasses even once..

Have you tried playing a different 3d movie and checked.. I hope you have the latest firmware...

maybe the source isn't 3D...even then the TV should have the capability of converting regular content to 3D. Tried using a 3D Bluray?

What happens when you press the 3D button on the remote?

I am not well versed in the 3D department since the tech. itself isn't exactly mature.

Anyway, what is the source? A 3D blu-ray rip or a blu-ray disc? What HDMI cable are using between the player and display? Asking this because 3D support is available only via HDMI 1.4/1.4a and not the local run-of-the-mill cable available for 200 Rs.

The side by side rip(HALF SBS) is it 1080P ?, i.e video comprised of two frames of 960x1080 resolution.

or

The other resolution is 3840x1080(FULL SBS).This is not supported directly by any Tv. Other ways to make it play is by streaming from a very powerful PC. I ve tried via PS3 and AVCHD still doesn't work..

On the other hand playing Half SBS is pretty easy, I play it via my laptop(it should be HDM 1.4 compatible) or via PS3(after converting to AVCHD format) etc., I ve played several Half SBS rips on my Dad's sony 40EX720.

Some 3d Movies look fab, try Kung Fu panda 2, Avatar, Tron..

Been trying to watch 3D movies on Sony KDL55EX720 but failed. Can some one point out what shoiuld be the 3D format of the movies , there is side by side 3D and there is regular one. I downloaded side by side and activated 3D but still its not working. Could not find any guide online as well.

Have 4 pair of 3D glasses which were purhcased along with theTV.

TIA
happy19.gif

Where you playing it from? Cyberlink PowerDVD + HDMI 1.4 cable + an SBS rip should work.

#TechHead

I tried playing direct via pen drive did not work . I tried via Asus O Play mini it failed, tried via PC failed again, cable is the culprit i guess, Will replace the cable and check.

PS: Would Asus O Play mini work ?

Back