How to write 3 movies on 1 dvd?

zhopudey

Skilled
A friend of mine has been buying lots of 3in1 dvds....3 movies in 1 for Rs 80-90/-. How are these written? Are they dual layer?
How can I make similar dvds? Can nero do it? I have lots of divx movies, which I would like to put on Dvd-Video.
Any ideas?

damn....dvd allow 4.38gb........u can put mor than 3 movies into it.......nero 6.6 edition does hav feature to write dvds.....check them

Ok, I dont know abt DIVX but I am telling you what I know.... here goes....

Regular MPG, AVI formats can be written to a DVD and the resulting video will be a DVD Video. This is not possible directly through Nero.

You need to buy a DVD Video plug in. and you need Nero vision Xpress3. Download the whole suite of NERO from http://www.nero.com/eng/nero-up.php. Download ALL.

Then try running Nero Vision Xpress. You will get a message saying that you need a DVD-video plug in. It will give you a link to follow. Follow that link, pay by a credit card(any 9reputed one. Even issued in India will be fine) and then you will get an email with the code.

With instructions as to how to use that new serial number.

Then open Nero Vision Xpress3. Or Nero 6 click on "DVD-Video".

Then it is easy...... You can get a DVD playable on stand alone DVD players.

and abt the size, I suggest you use AutoGK to resize the whole movie.

Download Auto GK first and then run it. You will get an option to convert a movie into another size(not resolution but MB/GB).

Make each movie into abt 1 GB and then try ti burn a DVD-Video. Note that a DVD-Video of 4.7GB will actully contain less data than DVD-ROM of 4.7GB.

So, to fit 3 movies on a single DVD Video, you may need to use the trial and error method to get the final size of each movie.

Also, (obviously), when you decrease the size of the movies, the quality also decreases.....

u can convert DIVx movies into DVD format using some video converters and then burn them.

Try Using WinAVI converter. In this s/w u can limit the size of the movie (quality is automatically adjusted). If u keep the limit as 1.4 GB/movie..u can easily fit in 3 movies in a dvd.

http://www.winavi.com

Ok...so basically i'll have to convert 1st and then write. Also i'll have to keep the size in mind while converting. Sounds like a lot of trouble. I'll just ask my friend to buy the mitashi player. (dvds were for him).
This is exactly why i prefer having computer as source.

Doom9's AVI to DVD guide can be found here.

Be warned that the quility of the converted video would be nowhere near as good as an original DVD, as u are converting a (lossy) Divx file.

Nice guide....but too much pain in the a**
And to do this for 50-60 movies is just impossible. I was hoping for a drag n drop solution, where i dump 3 divx files, and after a couple of hours, i get my dvd-video ready.
Like i said earlier, buying a mitashi player woul be lot easier.

In dat case, u can go in fr NeroVision Express like Nikhil suggested.
Version 3 allows u to convert, resize and burn all at the click of a single button (metaphorically speaking).

Back