How was Nokia 5800 Express Music????

The touch UI is good but not superb cannot be compared with iphone cause this is not multi touch, while in a call, when the phone is near ear the display automatically turns off, similar to iphone, I think this feature as a atta copy(stupid copy, copy that is not necessary) from iPhone cause this is not necessary for 5800.. iphone automatically switches off the display when you place your phone near ear to prevent accidental input which can easily occur in multi-touch but 5800 is no multi-touch device, so it is not necessary.. Don't tell me 5800 will save power by switching off the display, anyway all phones will decrease the brightness in 10 sec and switch off display depending upon power setting.

Music player is very good the speaker is loud and clear.. XpressMusic player is a + for 5800. For watching movies with the stand attachment the phone is very good, it has a video center which collects all the media and makes it easy to watch the video clips. I happened to browse the Internet both via GPRS and wifi, the browser is very much improved from the previous versions finally nokia allows us to open new browser window which I am happy to use, In my N95(my old phone) I was using psiloc connect to enable the browser to select between wifi and GPRS, which is a third party solution so I am not happy with that, But nokia solves that problem in 5800 with destinations It is more like access point groups than a single access point solution like in the case of psiloc connect.. you can place any no. Of access points in groups and specify the priority you can also create new access point group. You can select any access point group for the applications that supports it.. So when the application tries to connect to Internet it will do so via the available access point with highest priority. The battery is very good(it may seem like that to me because my previous phone was N95-1). The accelerometer sensor is too sensitive.. I am fed up with it so I turned it off.. also the screen won't rotate in standby (nokia could explain this, cause if it rotates the standby screen then the phone should rotate our wallpapers so it should stretch it which may look ugly...)

The thing that bugged me much is WLAN scanning.. In my N95 I will select 'WLAN scanning off' in standby screen and then start web browsing, then it will prompt for passkey of the wifi network so after entering this it will be added as a access point which will be used by psiloc connect.. but in 5800 I have to go to settings and then select connectivity to start WLAN scanning or I should click on the right corner of the standby screen and select packet data icon to enter connectivity,... Next I have to select Wireless LAN to start wlan scanning which will list the available wifi networks.. when I select a wifi network to start web browsing the browser opens and connects with wifi that is not in range.. I think this as a bug in 5800 which should be rectified in firmware updates. The phone comes with two pre-installed games RT-GR(Raging Thunder - Global Racing) and bounce touch RT-GR supports accelerometer so you can race by tilting the phone... or by moving your hand over the screen.

Source

@Vikram
Wow! that was a comment coming from the heart....
Good effort dude..... Thanks...:D

vikramdeo said:
The touch UI is good but not superb cannot be compared with iphone cause this is not multi touch, while in a call, when the phone is near ear the display automatically turns off, similar to iphone, I think
Source

Back