How worthy is CEH(Certified Ethical Hacker) certification?

Currently i'm a 3rd yr BE (CSE) student. I was planning to acquire the CEH certification just because of my sheer interest in networking and ethical hacking.

But i want to know if CEH certification can help me in anyway in my career..?

CEH v6.x would be a good move for an easy entry into Security (Security testing, VAPT) field. It would help you to be in the search results of HR folks. No need to go for training, you can appear for exam directly.

Last time i had inquired about CEH certification there were 2 paths for the certification

1. 2 yrs of experience

2. Get some training from MIEL (or similiar other institute) and then give the exams.

If u have experience u can go for the first option.

Hmm...!! Thanks for the suggestions. But I was searching for a good book for taking the preparation for the exam. Else as said by Praks 5days Training or Reading a book won't make anyone hacker.

there are so many CBTs available on net for many certifications, you can learn from them rather than taking classes. After using CBTs if you feel like, you can join classes anytime....

Nope...But for CEH CCNA is the starting point. You need to know networking very well in order to know hacking.

I believe CCNA, CCNP, CEH, CISSE, RHCE, RHCSS are the certification that any security administrator should have.

Back