How's the name 'Laksh' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk76

Adept
My sis is confused. What should she name her first son?

I suggested 'Laksh'. She says its confusing people will ask whether its Lakshay or Lakshya

How's the name 'Laksh' ? or any suggestions

She's right about the Lakshya/Lakshay confusion.

Personally, I don't think it's a very pleasant sounding name, even though the meaning is great. Lakshya sounds better IMO. :)

A name can be anything. Doesnt needs to have a meaning.

But in reality its Lakshya.

Laksh will have ppl thinking abt incorrect pronunciation. A La Priety Zinta in Lakshya [never for once said it properly]

If you have any pref. for an alphabet, mention that.

Then you mite have good response from members here.

Spacescreamer said:
A name can be anything. Doesnt needs to have a meaning.

But in reality its Lakshya.

Laksh will have ppl thinking abt incorrect pronunciation. A La Priety Zinta in Lakshya [never for once said it properly]

If you have any pref. for an alphabet, mention that.

Then you mite have good response from members here.

Yeah... Does your sister have any preference for any alphabet ? Check that first....

He'll be bullied later in life .....Laksh Sucks.....Laksh hardly Fu(ks .....Laksh na liya uska Paksh.....Wipaks mein baithe hain Laksh....

Not a good name seriously!!! :(

It's not pleasing to ears :(

kid wud have a terrible time growing up..

keep it simple, id tell my parents that .. sumthing that cant be twisted to make a dumb joke. (well this cant be helped much..)

hopefully something that doesnt become ironical to my personality/appearance later in life.

Screw what shakespeare said. :p

eggman said:
He'll be bullied later in life .....Laksh Sucks.....Laksh hardly Fu(ks .....Laksh na liya uska Paksh.....Wipaks mein baithe hain Laksh....
Not a good name seriously!!! :(
It's not pleasing to ears :(

:rofl: :rofl:

hey, Lakshya is a cool name. It means target. I have a fnd by name Lakshya. I suggests Lakshya, its really cool and also a good one

Thanks guys.. I don't want to be blamed my entire life :bleh::hap5:

Starting alphabets as per birth date are 'ch' - goes for 'chetanya' .. However we can go for any other alphabet.

Laksh will more famously be pronounced as "Lux"... While keeping a name certain things are obvious, like a good sounding name according to the moon sign, etc. but nowadays we need to think of alternative names that other kids can come up with while in school. The kid will be bullied around in class by such a name, and it will start from home i say.

On a lighter note, Gujaratis do not pronounce the sound "sh". so in this case a gujarati will pronounce it as "lux"... (disclaimer: most of the city based gujaratis do not have such a problem now)

Oh and Congratulations on becoming an uncle.

Laksh - Bus aur kya?

Lakshative! For when you feel full of yourself!

Lakshmi - For when his friends make fun of him

Don't put the kid through hell. Choose a good name please.

Lakshya is a pretty good name, mate. Run with that.

For names starting with "ch", there's Chetan, Chaitanya, Changez, Champak, Chaman, Chudamani (my pick), Chaturbhuj and Chaurasiya.

Keane 16 said:
Lakshya is a pretty good name, mate. Run with that.

For names starting with "ch", there's Chetan, Chaitanya, Changez, Champak, Chaman, Chudamani (my pick), Chaturbhuj and Chaurasiya.

Are you serious??? The kid will have a hard time growing up!!

Champak?? Everyone will tease him by saying Champak Chutiya

Chaman?? I hope he never goes Bald or faces a bald kid around!!! He'll be crushed!!! Aaj to chaman chamak riya hai??

Your pick : Chudamani!! Seriously......... Chuda...mani.............:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I won't even start how badly he will be bullied!!

One of my uncles have a even shittier name : Susupanna..... No wonder his self confidence is very low~~~

Chaturbhujiya and Chor-russia are equally bad!!!

Chetan is the only decent one here!!

i know this cause my parents gave me a shitty name:mad::mad::mad: and I had a hard time growing up!!!

What the person will face in life is not what u can speculate or decide.

Your job is to get a good name, which either sounds or means good.

If you are that concerned put him down as Baby1.0 and wait till he is sane enuf to choose one for himself.

What pointless dilemma!

Heh, you must have a cool sounding name then.

BUt its very valid point brought up by the others, school is a brutal place to grow up in as it is, you don't want to make it worse by choosing a stupid name.

Names mean a great deal, ppl get turned off or on by just the sound of it.

This place is even worse as its nearly impossible to change your name afterwards, yes i've heard stories where spelling errors by some sleepy official were unable to be rectified.

I've always thought kep it short & sweet and it should have a ring to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back