Laptops HP DV4 with AMD6750M for 40K!

Oh man, I wouldn't mind paying 45k for this, but I need 15.6" screen, Win7 Home Premium, and a Turbo Enabled CPU. Wish I could customize this Lappy.

EIther that or Llano.

For a gamer, OS and CPU are non issue, screen size of 14'' and switchable graphics means light weight and better battery life. Which makes it the MOST balanced offering in this price range.

But how is it JUST 40K?!!

BTW llano is just a shrink (32nm) of the current gen CPU with a mid-range 6000 series GPU on die, so won't be better than a Sandy Bridge+dGPU combo...will be cheaper though.

Earlier HP had a complete monopoly over indian market and they didnt care much about specs or customer demands but nowadays HP is giving excellent specs at reasonable prices as dell is killing it with XPS and inspiron range and other asus,msi,toshiba laptops in the lower price range.Even sony is offering laptops at decent prices since last 1-2 yrs

Of course this 40k laptop is amazing for mid-range gamng

I can expect almost all games to play easily at near max settings on the 1366x768 resolution.

Llano I hope, will be a lighter and cheaper option. I'll need all day usage for studying.

@RS4
Competition does do wonder in the market!

* Android did to symbian; compare the last flagship of the then 'Hign n Mighty' Nokia with today - N97 Vs N8.
N97 was pricey, obsolete and bloated, N8 is all about super value and truckload of features - Oh how caring the mighty has become!
* ATI did to Nvidia; the 4000 series was a rage with many firsts for the red team - 40nm production, better performance/power ratio and DX11. It took NV nearly a year to catch up. And the green team replied with price slash, fermi and optimus!
* AMD did to Intel; during the early days of dual core x64 race, AMD was a favourite untill Intel crushed it with Nehalem. BUT the market changed and ..
* ARM is doing to Intel; tablet is the future and Intel knows it. ARM's superior out-of-order and power efficient processors is giving 'Chipzilla' a hard time to catch up. Microsoft already ditched Intel's exclusivity with Windows 8 being ARM compatible.
One can expect great products from both sides.
* Dell is doing to HP; the easy and transparent online sale was groundbreaking in India, the ability to only pay for what you need made Dell a no brainer. In-home servicing is top notch - all it took was a week to replace a faulty hardisk of a friend compared to almost a month for HP!

...the list goes on.

comp@ddict said:
you mean HD5000 series
Yes, indeed. My bad!

comp@ddict said:
I only wish they weren't so overpriced.
Can't put a price to peace of mind! Given how quickly electronics become obsolete and how it's almost obvious that one thing or other will fail within a year...

Back