Budget 41-50k HP laptop for student

chetansha

Skilled
how are the reviews on these laptops ? can i add one more 8gb to it?

Can Linux be installed on this laptop?
What is the network interface - Realtek or Intel (could not see this in the specs)?
802.11a/b/g/n/ac

WiFi Features

Realtek RTL8821CE-M, (1 x 1)

No idea about linux
Ram slots is confusing. Some site (amazon) says 1 empty slot available to upgrade.
Tata croma site says only 1 slot available

Instead of the 5500U, consider the 5600H for about 10K more.

The 5500U is based on the old Ryzen tech, while the 5600H series are the newer chips. This model also has a 1650 and you can upgrade the RAM and SSD.

The 5500U is based on the old Ryzen tech, while the 5600H series are the newer chips. This model also has a 1650 and you can upgrade the RAM and SSD.
want 14 incher only.
can anyone suggest intel i5 alternatives in 40 to 50k range

U can install Linux in all laptops but be careful while partioning and making it in dual boot.
This is true but some drivers are problematic e.g. WiFi, Trackpad etc may not fully work on Linux. Battery drain may also be a issue due to use of proprietary drivers.
If Linux is a requirement, it is best to avoid models which have known issues.

5500U is the new 3rd Gen Ryzen which are energy efficient. Similar to intels evo line for thin and light laptops. 5600H is the higher performance CPU typically found in gaming/creator laptops.
The hinge on what youve suggested is really bad.

Check either of these. The more expensive version has six cores and the cheaper has 4 cores, not bad for you normal day to day task. If you intend on having lots of programs open get the 6 core processor variant for a better user experience.

5500U is the new 3rd Gen Ryzen which are energy efficient. Similar to intels evo line for thin and light laptops. 5600H is the higher performance CPU typically found in gaming/creator laptops.
The hinge on what youve suggested is really bad.

Check either of these. The more expensive version has six cores and the cheaper has 4 cores, not bad for you normal day to day task. If you intend on having lots of programs open get the 6 core processor variant for a better user experience.
Thank you for sharing.
1630491723304.png

I am unsure about the hinge, as I've not used it.

Thank you for sharing.
View attachment 113428

I am unsure about the hinge, as I've not used it.
How about that, you learn something new everyday.
I thought AMD making a statement that all 5000 series on laptops and desktop will be Zen3 but they pulled a fast one Zen3 for gamers and Zen2 for low efficiency rather interesting

How about that, you learn something new everyday.
I thought AMD making a statement that all 5000 series on laptops and desktop will be Zen3 but they pulled a fast one Zen3 for gamers and Zen2 for low efficiency rather interesting
Although 5500u and 5700u are just rebranded zen 2 parts, it's still a decent improvement due to double the no. of threads (compared to 4500u and 4700u) in similar price range

Its for a student. 5600H based machine is more suited for heavy workloads and gaming. Battery life, weight and portability should be compromised with it.

Check out the HP 14s-dq2535TU laptop on Amazon. The technical specifications are 11th Gen Intel i5/8GB RAM/512 GB SSD/Windows10/MS Office. It is very well built with good hinges. This would suffice your needs.

Back