Hp Laptop - won't recommend it to any one !

mpaspc

Adept
I Purchased a Hp laptop about a year ago. The battery backup is poor since the past 4 months . I Have stopped fighting with these idiots . They idiots are seriously high when they are at work . They give stupid reasons like there might be a virus , or one rep even went on saying Battery life of 40 mins is very good for as simple tasks as reading through a few pages on wikipedia .It's its a 6 Cell battery and used to give 2hrs and 45 mins of backup originally. I always loose my cool when i talk to them and sometimes even wish that i should throw my laptop and shift to another brand .

From my experience, batteries die out really quick. My Lenovo would easily give 3.5+ hours of back up when new. A year and half later, it takes 2.5 hours to charge, and gives me 50 - 60 minutes of back.

Osiris Development - BatteryBar, the most accurate battery meter for Windows

Download batterybar and check your battery wear. If you have used your battery heavily ie., used it mostly on battery then there would be large no. of battery cycles over by now.
The laptop battery tend to wear over time. But in your case it seems to be a drastic wear of around 70% considering the backup. Check it with the s/w. If the wear is less then the issue should be something else.

Borrow a friend's battery and check.
'

Did check with a friend's spare battery . All's fine .

From my experience, batteries die out really quick. My Lenovo would easily give 3.5+ hours of back up when new. A year and half later, it takes 2.5 hours to charge, and gives me 50 - 60 minutes of back.

Battery was replaced once about two months ago . They gave me a Refurb Battery , and i dont use my laptop much . The refurb battery lasted 20 days and started decreasing slowly . Now its pathetic .It last max 45 mins .

Osiris Development - BatteryBar, the most accurate battery meter for Windows

Download batterybar and check your battery wear. If you have used your battery heavily ie., used it mostly on battery then there would be large no. of battery cycles over by now.
The laptop battery tend to wear over time. But in your case it seems to be a drastic wear of around 70% considering the backup. Check it with the s/w. If the wear is less then the issue should be something else.

I am using Battery bar already . For some weird reason it shows wear as 0% . Let me try updating it . I will report later .

I had a hp laptop bought from US with similar problem.After 5 months of heavy usage battery started giving problems and Indian Service Centre Refused to Replace the battery because of Hp Limited Warranty.
I contacted hp US and they asked me to run this HP Battery Health Center
It gave results that new battery is required.I sent a mail of the screenshot and they sent me a new battery.(To a US address)

Back