HP Omen 2020 small niggles and audio issues

weatherman

Recruit
Hi everyone,
I boight the hp omen last year, R7 rtx2060 so its a metal build apart from the display housing which is plastic.
I was kind of skeptical of the hinge design before my purchase, but went ahead with it since i really needed a machine and did not find a g14 anywhere despite waiting for months.

Anyway, I'm super happy with the machine apart from these issues:
1. The speaker output is super low at max volume. Its so low that if my ceiling fan is on high speed, i cant hear a thing. Incredibly frustrating, I've tried installing u[dated drivers from the hp website. Also went through troubleshooting with an hp rep online, which basically ended with him asking me to format my pc (lol) and refusing to accept this as an issue. Does anyone else here face a similar problem?? My old laptop from 2013 has much louder speakers :(
2. The right hinge makes a creaking noise every time i try to adjust the screen angle. Its quite disconcerting, and has only appeared in the last month or so. I've tried cleaning the hinges with a small brush etc but the noise is still there. Other than being quite annoying, the hinge design itself is quite bad - there's so much gap on either side of the hinges that small particles can get easily lodged in there, and go straight inside the chassis. What a poor design decision, the hinges will be the first thing to give on this machine I'm afraid. Debating if I should ask an hp rep to look into this once the lockdown lifts.

Any other omen owners wanna chime in?

Back