Laptops HP Pavilion DV6-6165TX graphics issue

Manomax

Disciple
Some may already know that I bought this laptop. Just formatted the HDD and started installing the laptop drivers.
Downloaded all the drivers from this offcial HP web page. Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Installed the graphics driver but the laptop is not detecting the ATI Radeon 6770M HD.

bDRoc.png

k252j.png

I verified with the device options, there is HD 6770M graphics card.

ER7Iw.png

iJZyv.png

If I select Configure Switchable Graphics, this window opens.

E5PeN.png

This is the Graphic Properties one.

F651Q.png

In some HP forums some people were saying to select High Performance for games. I installed Spec ops and I tried selecting High Performance and without High Performance but none helped. The game is running on 640 x 480 in very low settings. :( I don't know how to switch it to 6770M when running game.

Is there any fix for this? Can anyone help me out? Any DV6 lap users around?

I also have dv6 6121tx model with same GPU.

From the screenshot you have pasted above it is clear that you have not changed Graphic mode to Fixed mode till yet. If you have not updated your bios then update it to latest version then go to bios setup and change the Switchable Graphic mode to Fixed in System configuration menu. After this you would be able to manually switch between Intel and ATI graphics by using configure switchable graphics option in Right Click Context Menu.

Hope it helps! :)

Back