Budget 31-40k HP Pavilion G6-2005AX or Acer Aspire V3-551G

~Big Boss~

Disciple
Hi guys,

Need some help from you to decide which laptop to buy. I'm planning to buy a laptop between 30-40K range.
Usage - Casual use+games+heavy programming and debugging

I think laptop based on AMD a8 along with gfx card would be good value for money.

So far I see only 3laptops on Flipkart based on AMD A8. Of these two caught my attention:

1)HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics (Read many great reviews over here about it)
2)Acer Aspire V3-551G Laptop APU Quad Core A8/4GB/500GB/Win7 HB/2.5GB Graphics (got more gfx ram+ looks good in the images)

Now I in confusion as to which one to buy. Kindly help me out.
Also feel free to suggest anyother laptop which you think would squeez into my budget and fit for my needs. Also need to buy it this month itself. Can't delay anymore.

Note: Any information if any laptop from ASUS is going to come(to India) with AMD A8?

Its the same type of GPU. HD7670M. There shouldnt be any difference is performance between 1GB version and 2GB version of this GPU.
HP costs ~2.5k cheaper for almost identical steps. Unless there is any difference in the build quality HP would be a better bet anyday since its cheaper for virtually the same performance.

Its just 2.5K difference.

Why dont you get the more powerful card. And any reasons for not considering the Samsung?

Why dont you get the more powerful card. And any reasons for not considering the Samsung?

:facepalm: They both have HD 7670M . The Acer has 2GB VRAM whereas HP has 1GB VRAM. Considering that the card has just a 128 bit bus width and its a low-mid ranger the VRAM difference will hardly result in a performance gain.

Its the same type of GPU. HD7670M. There shouldnt be any difference is performance between 1GB version and 2GB version of this GPU.
HP costs ~2.5k cheaper for almost identical steps. Unless there is any difference in the build quality HP would be a better bet anyday since its cheaper for virtually the same performance.
I was bit inclined towards Acer cause of the looks plus 1 free RAM slot for hassle free up-gradation and that extra 1gb VRAM. Otherwise HP is great!!...

So should I go for HP or wait for someother?? (I really don't want to wait!)

I didn't find the Samsung laptop value for money. Plus it has just 1GB VRAM.

I was bit inclined towards Acer cause of the looks plus 1 free RAM slot for hassle free up-gradation and that extra 1gb VRAM. Otherwise HP is great!!...

So should I go for HP or wait for someother?? (I really don't want to wait!)

I didn't find the Samsung laptop value for money. Plus it has just 1GB VRAM.

Yup..even i am confused between the two. Acer one has 2gb graphics card and the hp has 1gb + 512mb integrated graphics.... But brand wise and A.S.S wise i think HP wins

what is the solution of heating in hp 2005ax. after using coolingpad what will b the effect. Does overheating have some bad effects on laptop?

- - - Updated - - -

what is the solution of heating in hp 2005ax. after using coolingpad what will b the effect. Does overheating have some bad effects on laptop?

Read all you need to know about

I just bought HP Pavilion G6 2005ax.

There is no point for which you should consider going for Acer

1. 1gb graphics vs 2gb graphics (with the same GPU). Trust me. 1GB and 2GB won't really make a difference as long as the GPU is the same.
2. Freebie Coolerpad vs Dirt3. You can decide which is a better freebie on your own.
3. 2xusb3.0 vs 1xusb3.0. clearly two 3.0 ports are better than one. total no. of usb ports is the same though (3).
4. HP vs Acer. i.e. If you really care about the brand. :hail:

Back