HP printer deskjet 2138 issue

Atlantis

Disciple
Hi !
HP deskjet ink advantage 2138 (printer+scanner). A couple of years old and only use original cartridges this is a home printer. Since I do not use color, the printer has been working on black for a couple of years, at every print it would give a popup( color cartridge missing), but the print would continue.
The printer/ scanner has been working fine until yesterday.
Was online and printed and scanned some, all was well, suddenly the scanner would not scan, the shortcut would open and when i clicked scan it just did nothing, after that the printer too had an issue , and the error was as per attachment.
i rebooted but the same.
uninstalled the printer driver , reinstalled , the scanner then worked fine, but the printer refuses to do so, showing the same error.

My black cartridge was at the end, and had a new one , so changed that as well, but no luck.
I called in for a color cartridge, but the same error !
I have a dual boot system, so even the other os same error, I assume the drivers are fine.

Even with only the black cartridge installed it gives the colour cartridge error.
I did a manual press of the power button +cancel and it printed the attached report.
Confused ! how do i get my printer working again.

would appreciate some help.

Attachments

• printer error.png
    printer error.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Report.pdf
    508.4 KB · Views: 68
1. Certainly, you need to use authentic HP print heads and ink. To get those authentic printheads, visit HP Sure Supply and select your country.Then, You can easily order new ink bottles without any trust issues. On the Other hand, there are other retailers who provide genuine HP ink are also available.

2. If you have issues in print quality, dash on to the ink deliver system and make sure everything is proper. Some of the things that has to be checked are transportation ink valve unlock, closed printhead latch and completely filled ink delivery tubes.

3. Next, you have to do is to check for the ink smears on the back of printouts. To do this you have to load the paper in the input tray. Press and hold the Power button, press Cancel button thrice and Start Copy Color button eight times and release the power button. Do not remove the page, it will be ejected automatically. Check the print quality in the page.

4. You need to check the paper you have loaded is appropriate. Load the paper print side down in the input tray. But, avoid using the wrinkled or curled paper. While, Plain paper with Color Lok technology is apt for daily use. You can also use a different paper and it depends.

Regards,
J Wick

1. Certainly, you need to use authentic HP print heads and ink. To get those authentic printheads, visit HP Sure Supply and select your country.Then, You can easily order new ink bottles without any trust issues. On the Other hand, there are other retailers who provide genuine HP ink are also available.

2. If you have issues in print quality, dash on to the ink deliver system and make sure everything is proper. Some of the things that has to be checked are transportation ink valve unlock, closed printhead latch and completely filled ink delivery tubes.

3. Next, you have to do is to check for the ink smears on the back of printouts. To do this you have to load the paper in the input tray. Press and hold the Power button, press Cancel button thrice and Start Copy Color button eight times and release the power button. Do not remove the page, it will be ejected automatically. Check the print quality in the page.

4. You need to check the paper you have loaded is appropriate. Load the paper print side down in the input tray. But, avoid using the wrinkled or curled paper. While, Plain paper with Color Lok technology is apt for daily use. You can also use a different paper and it depends.

Regards,
J Wick
Thanks ! Will do

Back