PC Peripherals HP Scanner G4010 glass broken - Help Pls Urgent

sunandoghosh

Disciple
Hi Friends,

The glass of Hp G4010 scanner has broken (cracked) by mistake on one side towards bottom. As a result all the pages scanned have broken lines on them.

I spoke to HP warranty India and since it’s out of warranty; they do not support it. Outside warranty they don’t sell separately scanner glasses and the entire unit needs to be replaced which effectively means purchasing a new unit.

I was wondering what to do now? Any suggestions how can I procure a new scanner glass for above model in Kolkata India as purchasing another new expensive scanner is not affordable for me?

Pls guide.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

This is ridiculous..... If they don't sell only glass as spare then they can at least repair the entire unit for you and charge you accordingly...
How can they totally deny service... if you are ready to pay reasonable charges..(reason for saying reasonable is they may agree to charge cost equal to a new unit in which case it does not make any sense to repair it :) )

Just wondering: Cant you replace that glass with a same thickness glass...? Good branded Glass which can be sourced from some local furniture store? :angelic:[DOUBLEPOST=1364281030][/DOUBLEPOST]A Quick search shows that you can either replace it with normal glass or second option is to hunt for non working scanners of the the size and use their glass.....
I don't think its some special type of glass.... just the thickness and visibility matters.....

Back