FS: Others HP Windows Mixed Reality (VR) Headset (2NL14AA)

Simarpreet Singh

Disciple
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
New Delhi
Item Condition
5 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Feb 1, 2021
Shipping Charges
Local buyers only
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
10 Months
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
I've used it thrice, but can't find any games that I'm willing to play more than once. Also, can't use room-scale because, well, small room.
Purchased from Amazon India 2 months ago, and I've used it thrice.

Hesitant to ship it because I haven't shipped something so big and expensive before and I'm worried about packaging and damage. So I'm only considering local buyers for now.

Unwilling to go any lower on the price. Thanks for understanding :)

Note: I used to go by the name RexChance on Erodov. Not sure if someone who knows me from there can vouch for me, but I've done 7-8 deals in the past with happy buyers!
Forgot to attach an image of the lenses. There you go!

Attachments

• 20210329_170716_HDR_(1).jpg
    20210329_170716_HDR_(1).jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 289
  • 20210329_170938_HDR.jpg
    20210329_170938_HDR.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 20210329_170552_HDR.jpg
    20210329_170552_HDR.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 255
  • 20210329_170447_HDR_(1).jpg
    20210329_170447_HDR_(1).jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 273
  • 20210329_171404_HDR.jpg
    20210329_171404_HDR.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 20210329_171453_HDR.jpg
    20210329_171453_HDR.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 331
  • hpwmrinvoice.png
    hpwmrinvoice.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 322
  • 20210329_173707_HDR.jpg
    20210329_173707_HDR.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
I've used it thrice, but can't find any games that I'm willing to play more than once. Also, can't use room-scale because, well, small room.

Sorry to intrude on your thread, but have you tried Superhot VR, Pistol Whip, Beat Saber (with mods and custom songs), Thrill of the Fight or Aircar (and Eleven Table Tennis in case you're interested in TT)? These are the games which have kept me hooked to VR for the last year or so. Might be worth giving a shot before completely giving up on VR :)
These don't require room scale really (apart from Thrill of the Fight but I play it regularly in a 5ftx5ft area) so you should be good on that front.

Hey, I've been a little preoccupied with some stuff so sorry for the late reply!

I've tried Superhot, Pistol Whip, and Beat Saber from the games that you've mentioned. I did like them a lot and they seem like perfect examples of what VR can do. The thing is, that I usually put the headset on at the end of the day, when I'm done with work/gym/any other tasks that I have, so something with the level of physical activity these games demand (any physical activity actually lol) is the last thing on my mind. Plus I don't really see myself playing something like Pistol Whip/Beat Saber repeatedly. All I'd want to do is put the headset on, grab a controller, and play to wind down. As of now, I haven't found any games that would help me do so, apart from Subnautica I think. Subnautica was definitely close to the best VR experience I've ever had, although it was actually the first game that made me a little nauseous. But since I've played it before and didn't want to do so again, I just ran it in creative mode and chilled out.

So, basically, TL;DR: Can't find any "xbox controller compatible" games that I see myself playing more than once, so the headset doesn't get used at all.

Hey, I've been a little preoccupied with some stuff so sorry for the late reply!

I've tried Superhot, Pistol Whip, and Beat Saber from the games that you've mentioned. I did like them a lot and they seem like perfect examples of what VR can do. The thing is, that I usually put the headset on at the end of the day, when I'm done with work/gym/any other tasks that I have, so something with the level of physical activity these games demand (any physical activity actually lol) is the last thing on my mind. Plus I don't really see myself playing something like Pistol Whip/Beat Saber repeatedly. All I'd want to do is put the headset on, grab a controller, and play to wind down. As of now, I haven't found any games that would help me do so, apart from Subnautica I think. Subnautica was definitely close to the best VR experience I've ever had, although it was actually the first game that made me a little nauseous. But since I've played it before and didn't want to do so again, I just ran it in creative mode and chilled out.

So, basically, TL;DR: Can't find any "xbox controller compatible" games that I see myself playing more than once, so the headset doesn't get used at all.
I see. I'm yet to try Subnautica myself since days are busy haha, but I get your point. Beat Saber and Pistol Whip are quite intensive, and I usually do them in the morning or evening, definitely not at the end of the day.
For a wind down game I would recommend Aircar, and some fishing game I can't remember. Aircar with music in the background is analogous to fh4 with music in the background - utterly relaxing, fantastic visuals, and very calming. Anyway, good luck with the sale!

Bump. Will be postponing the sale till the covid situation gets better, but if you're interested, please let me know, and I'll record your interest on a first come, first served basis.

Have a nice day :)

does this work as a simple monitor replacement?

i am happy to execute terminal commands on this on a windows pc

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I tried to look it up and found some ways but they required a few workarounds. So it won't be plug and play and I haven't personally been able to test it due to lack of time.

It would be great if someone else could chime in if they have any idea, or if you could look up the viability of WMR as a monitor yourself, and see if you have better luck than I did in finding a straightforward solution.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I tried to look it up and found some ways but they required a few workarounds. So it won't be plug and play and I haven't personally been able to test it due to lack of time.

It would be great if someone else could chime in if they have any idea, or if you could look up the viability of WMR as a monitor yourself, and see if you have better luck than I did in finding a straightforward solution.
Nope, I tried using these as a monitor replacement and these absolutely won't work for that purpose, at least for anything longer than a few minutes. There exist dedicated headsets for that, which are literally just tiny screens in place of glasses and only show the monitor screen, but I'm not sure if they're available in India.
These are fantastic for watching movies and shows etc, and you can even watch 3d movies in them. Pair these with a set of good headphones and boom! Movie theatre experience in your chair.

@DanteErodov

I haven't used it but solely based on what I've read, it has higher res, better clarity throughout (no particular sweet spot for sharpness like wmr headsets), probably more comfortable, smaller and better controllers, and better tracking to name a few things. If you can get it at a decent price (Close to the actual USD figure), I would definitely get it.

The average price of the 64GB model on Amazon India according to Keepa is around 40K, whereas the 256GB model is around 50K. Although there are occasional price drops that bring these to decent prices (30-ish K & 40K respectively) so you could probably set an alert and wait.

I wanted the Quest 2 as well but with the absurd Indian pricing post customs, it just wasn't a viable option for me. However, if you have the money, I think that it would definitely be a better purchase.

Back