Audio HT setup for 40-50k. Advice Needed

What are the AVR that I should look at while considering Wharf 9.5 under 25k bracket (+/- 2k) ?? I was considering Denon 1611 but its MRP is 31900. It will be very appreciated if someone could provide me the street price of this Denon and if possible Yamaha 467

Thanks

You can go for Harman Kardon for around 20k or Marantz for around 30-35k.

or lower version of Denon or even Onkyo 508 around 20k.

But a stereo receiver will give much better sound quality at the same price point.

Chaos said:
Onkyo speakers are best avoided. They are total rubbish.

I just fell for the HT bug and got an Onkyo TX-SR578 and Paradigm Cinema 90 speaker set. Costed a shade over 50k. The sound quality isn't bad at all for movies.
But my priority is music and I think I won't be spending a lot of time watching movies. And being a a rookie does not really help at all since I was really floored by the Wharf 9.5's (With Yama 465) even though they are really out of my budget, may be because they were actually good or may be I haven't had a chance to listen to good speaker systems in the same price bracket.

I'd be going to audition a few setups tomorrow most probably and I hope it sorts some of these issues especially related to pricing :p

Btw how are Onkyo amps for music and I think I won't be able to source Paradigm Cinema 90 in Lucknow even if I want to buy them instead of just an audition (unless they are marketed by ProFx)

But a stereo receiver will give much better sound quality at the same price point.

Need a 5.1 AVR that resolves all music listening and HT requirements (once in a while).

If you are looking for music and your only option is Profx, buy a Polk LSi bookshelf with a Denon integrated amp. Avoid receivers like plague. Will be a little bit more than your budget but it'll be completely worth it.

Cheers!

Back