HTC Announces 8X , Its Flagship Windows Phone 8 Smartphone

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
HTC has announced its flagship Windows 8 smartphone - HTC 8X .

41171996.jpg

The HTC 8X packs 4.3 inch S-LCD2 display with 720p resolution in a polycarbonate unibody similar to the One X . The screen is laminated to reduce glare and has Gorilla Glass 2 protection on top .

It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz dual-core Krait processor along with Adreno 225 GPU and 1GB of RAM . It has 16GB internal storage but its not expandable .

It has 8MP shooter with BSI sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 28mm field of view (in 35mm terms), there is a dedicated HTC ImageChip as well and it can shoot video with stereo sound in full HD 1080p resolution . The front camera is 2.1MP capable of fullHD video and uses the ImageChip .There is Beats Audio enhancement as well .

Connectivity features include LTE , Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, NFC, Bluetooth 2.1, microUSB and 3.5mm audio jack. It is powered by 1800mAh battery . It measures 132.4 x 66.2 x 10.1mm and weighs 130g.

is it me or does the buffed look make it seem like cheap plastic??

Its polycarbonate, more stable durable and fingerprint resistant.

IMO Nokia lumia surpasses both of HTC's today released phone not only in specs but also in build and looks. WIth home grown apps it clearly shuts the competition off.

But it seems other manufacturer are releasing WP8 just for the heck of it, just to be in MS good book rather than creating innovative features from their android counterpart.

Its polycarbonate, more stable durable and fingerprint resistant.

IMO Nokia lumia surpasses both of HTC's today released phone not only in specs but also in build and looks....

Agreed. But i didn't quite expect HTC to do less than their best. The One X was so much better as a flagship Android than this is for WP8

But it seems other manufacturer are releasing WP8 just for the heck of it, just to be in MS good book rather than creating innovative features from their android counterpart.
Steve Ballmer was up on stage and the official branding goes "Windows Phone 8X by HTC". This was announced as the lead phone for the Windows Phone 8 platform. Lumia 920 is brilliant and arguably the best smartphone on the market this fall, but it is a big, heavy beast. If you see the iPhone 5 reviews, the reviewers are all criticizing Android phones for being "too big". Granted, reviewers have their biases, but the point is - large 180g phones are not for everyone. 8X is much lighter and the tapered design apparently makes it very comfortable. Of course, matte polycarbonate is arguable the best material for a phone. One killer feature is the hardware amp which finally gives some meaning to the Beats Audio branding. The wide-angle 1080p front-facing camera could prove to be very useful as well. 8X will almost surely feature a lower price tag too, probably on par with the 820. At the high-end it will be Lumia 920 and Ativ S, for those who prefer the large "superphones". Ativ S looks much like Galaxy S III with a better build and Windows Phone 8. Huawei is more than capable of pulling off a surprise too, it has to be said.

I think i did mention this somewhere in some other threads, manufacturers are going towards no expandable memory to save some (hardware) space inside. I know it is small but does help the phone. I see this happening with others too.

^I think its a mistake.. only 8S has microSD support. Engadget article says this...
Update: To clarify, the Windows Phone 8X does not support microSD expansion. This is in no way an OS restriction.

Does support or does not? AFAIK, Windows Phone 8 supports microSD.

@Sei WP8 supports microSD, but this particular model 8X doesnt support like lumia 920! But at least in 920, 32GB inbuilt memory. I think HTC follows Nokia, 820 and 8S both has microSD card support and 920 & 8X doesnt support microSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are conflicting reports all over. HTC would be really foolish to release a flagship model with just 16GB space. Apps, HD videos (recorded on the phone itself) and other media like music and pictures will easily consume 14GB without a sweat.

From a U.S. perspective, the only big plus with HTC is that it will be releasing simultaneously on 3 carriers there whereas Nokia only on 1.

Can't wait for November - so many reviews! :D

From the images available everywhere, i can say safely, there is no microSD slot at all :) only micro sim slot + 3 buttons(camera , volume and power)

Back