HTC Diamond Touch won't work!!

kidrock

Disciple
I am having issues with my phone the touch stops working suddenly and sometimes starts working as if nothing has happened. Has anyone faced this before? I guessed the OS needs to be reinstalled.

Backup all your data.

How many SMS do u have in your Inbox? That can slow down the Touch UI at times.

You may need to hard reset.

^ Android 1.6 on Diamond?

Do you mean the experimental builds on XDA .. those aren't for daily use .. very less battery backup and lot of bugs .

As for the problems with the phone hanging up or slowing down .. a Hard Reset should do the trick .

kidrock said:
Will just a hard reset do? Or do I format it? Was planning to install Android 1.6 on it.

Try to hard reset first.Backup data using WMDC or Activesync.
Also android cannot be installed its like a portable ported version where you run a file (HART.exe from your device. I have it and its annoying it crashes every 10 minutes with some error :S But UI is nice. And also cam is not working on android.

w1nD said:
Try to hard reset first.Backup data using WMDC or Activesync.
Also android cannot be installed its like a portable ported version where you run a file (HART.exe from your device. I have it and its annoying it crashes every 10 minutes with some error :S But UI is nice. And also cam is not working on android.

OK. I tried hard resetting but the screen is screwed. Since its in warranty I have given it for replacement. Was expecting to use android as a 2nd OS on it, wont if it crashes often. Could have lived without the camera.

^^ ohkk.I had my diamond also replaced once..had some problem with motherboard, and the speaker had gone kaput.Best way is to avail warranty when you have it ;)

btw hope you had not put any cooked ROM.. :p else warranty wont apply

Back