HTC EVO 4G. Worth getting?

Ankur

Adept
I'm getting a EVO 4G for 24k from a friend coming from US. Will be using it on Reliance CDMA. Will program it to Reliance myself.

Is it really worth getting at that price?

I cant make up my mind.

Please suggest. a bit double minded, cant decide. To spend on PC upgrade or EVO 4G. help me a way out.

Yup, be sure to buy an after-market battery pack since the stock battery barely lasts for a day! How do you program it yourself to work on Reliance ? :S

a guy for me would to do that.
By the way i'm now dropping the idea of going for it. TFT WVGA is not for me. It would be a great downgrade for me after AMOLED on Omnia HD, and CDMA in india has very limited options, also to the addition is poor battery. And no warranty or support for it in India. Also heard that using the phne without a proper case will seriously damage the camera lense. So a big NO NO after a research from my side now.

Ankur said:
TFT WVGA is not for me. It would be a great downgrade for me after AMOLED on Omnia HD
From the Youtube video and subsequent discussion in a site, it seems there is nothing much to choose difference between the TFT and Amoled. Unless the two are compared next to each other and looked at very very closely, the difference could not be noticed at all is what many say...

is it really worth to get Evo 4G and use it on shitty ass CDMA networks in India? Instead, get GS for 28k in India and enjoy GSM networks. 3G is going to spread fast in next few months and will be useful.

Back