htc from ebay ?

techdude

Disciple
hey guys im planning to order the htc legend from ebay

eBay India: Brand New HTC Legend A6363 with 1 Year Dealer Warranty (item 160452824010 end time 14-Jul-2010 08:00:00 IST)

the reason is cos the balck n white panel is nt available in my city, so this guy has it..
can u tell me is it safe to go ahead wit it ??
also hez providin dealer warranty n not maufacturer warranty ...
shld all this be considered... .kindly fill me in..
this is my first deal on ebay, so need the experts to add their 2 cents.

regards

The price seems right, and the seller does have a high rating, 99% of positive feedback out of 241.
However, as you have rightly noticed, the Phone itself is Grey.
So, warranty will always be a problem.

THe positive news is that many Mobile repair guys (Delhi & Mumbai) are digging their teeth into HTC phones and can decently repair any HTC mobile.

If 1000 rs matters to you much, get this, if not, get the official one with official india warranty.

first ask the seller what is covered in dealers warranty

cos most of the time dealers warranty is limited to just updating the software only cos that cures most common problems

and if u just Google a little u can find ur self hard rest combination/update guides /official /UN official roms

so if the price difference is not too much then go for one with official warranty

What if seller turns refuses repair and doesn't provide warranty as stated...???

Since no pakka bill is providedcan ebay or buyer do anything at that point..??

For example Htc is purchased by me,something in it went wrong 2 months after purchase.

Money is already with Seller by that time,And seller ignores u..!!

This Same thing happened with my friend

Seller was blackberry stores (he is now registered with some different name,his previous ebay account is suspended)

thanks a lot for all ur input guys.

and the thing over here is not about the money.

its about the color, im gettin only red and white colour legend from univercell locally which i dont like,

i wanted the white & black one, ill be goin to banglore this week for some work,

can anyone suggest a good store or market wer i can buy it from ?

techdude said:
are there any shops in forum mall where i can buy .. ? will ai get a proper price.. ???

also which area is raheja arcade in ?
Its in koramangala. if you get out from forum mall (from the side with mcDonalds) take a right towards the traffic signal and then a left from there. You'd find nokia priority just next to the vodafone store about 50 meters from the signal. Guess Vasanth comm would be just a few paces from there

i went to the fone market today n they told the htc wildfire has also launched.

the things missing against the legend are the super amoled display , and lower cpu ghz..

it costs 15,850 retail. it will also join its bros legend,desire for the android 2.2 update as well ..

the looks are good, but i dono if it will be a disadvantage over a period of time.

is the browsing really good on that screen resoultion ?? will the pixels break aftter a certain point of zoom ...

.... ? pls.

techdude said:
i went to the fone market today n they told the htc wildfire has also launched.

the things missing against the legend are the super amoled display , and lower cpu ghz..

it costs 15,850 retail. it will also join its bros legend,desire for the android 2.2 update as well ..

the looks are good, but i dono if it will be a disadvantage over a period of time.

is the browsing really good on that screen resoultion ?? will the pixels break aftter a certain point of zoom ...

.... ? pls.
Don't buy the Wildfire after considering the Legend, the lack of AMOLED makes quite a lot of difference, not to forget the lower resolution on the Wildfire.

If the Legend is within your budget then don't even think twice!

Back