Htc hd2

Hey Guys,

Well, this ones for my colleague !! He was looking for a phone .. and i told him to go for a HTC HD2 !! AFAIK it suits him the best !! But,the only problem with the phone is the WinMo 6.5. Having Android and Iphones OS in the market he thinks going for a WinMo phone is not worth it ! though i still stick with the same i suggested him. I needed some reviews from some of the HD2 users .. how did they find the phone and also the pros and cons .. The MAIN QUESTION !! HAS ANYONE FLASHED IT WITH ANDROID ?? If yes i want the steps and the review .. He was like i should go for something like SAMSUNG or anyother which do come with ANDROID .. I also forgot to mention is he is getting it from USA .. which will probably be a phone coming with a carrier .. so it'll be a T.MOBILE HD2 !! Other suggestions are also welcome .. but remember it should have an offical carrier in USA !!

His basic requirements are :
- Touchscreen
- Large screen
- Super-Quality Video playback(love to watch some OOMPHATIC videos on his phone ;))
- Fast OS(the fast the better)
- Good browsing
- Good camera(5MP or more will be better :p)

Budget - 18-20K

Hoping to get some good reactions ! TIA

cheers,
egoB !! :clap:

android working froyo built already released for hd2 .. in 1-2 months there should be as good as official built available .

many people on xda forums are using it and u can even use dual boot with winmo and android ...

i will also install android on my hd2 when i get time in dual boot ..

khanvis2009 said:
desire hd 4.3" is going to be out next month .. same size as hd2 .. better camera . i suggest u wait for that
no doubt will be a better phone .. but will it fit the budget ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

RoBoGhOsT said:
android working froyo built already released for hd2 .. in 1-2 months there should be as good as official built available .

many people on xda forums are using it and u can even use dual boot with winmo and android ...

i will also install android on my hd2 when i get time in dual boot ..
can you enlighten me on this a bit more ??

First HD2 price is around 27k. And Desire HD will not cost less than 30k when it is released. For a budget of 20k, B7620 seems to be a better option. Also check Samsung Wave. Costs around 16k-17k, has awesome display, supports DivX etc.

egobrain.exe said:
He is getting it from USA, HD2 is costing him 18k exactly !! We did give a thought about the wave but he wasnt so pleased after hearing the BADA OS installed !
First, HD2 is a superb phone that runs windows mobile 6.5 better than anything else out there. The SenseUI is amazing. But like many say, the usual lag due to winmo6.5 still exists and some may not like it.

Second, This link "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=732380" has all the info you need on porting Android to HD2.

Lastly, if your friend is getting the phone from USA, why not look for phones like N1 or Desire or Vibrant (Galaxy S). There are loads of Android phones that are available for a low price (under contract). He can also wait till next month as new phones are coming out.

Given the requirements, I think T-Mobile Vibrant would be the best choice (4" SUPER AMOLED, divx support, ready for Froyo, superb audio quality)

+1 to T-Mo Vibrant. I myself have one, got it for $370 no contract, (using it in the US btw.. student here).

Brilliant phone, I've been using the Vibrant and the iPhone 4 the past week, and both are great phones in their own right..

firstly nobody wants a dual boot phone ..at first it seems exciting to have a dual boot phone ...but its not at all practical ... and secondly if u plan to use android then get an android phone .. why get a windows phone and use android on it !!. it does not make any sense .. sure the guys at xda have ported android on the hd2 but it still has bugs and will have more bugs in the future as well as and when android develops to 3.0 .

so there is no point in getting hd2 .. the resale value will be zero when winmo 7 is launched or after the launch of htc desire hd at 4.3" android 2.2 with better camera as well

so y do u want to waste ur money on old technology .. wait for a while and spend that extra 10-15k and get a 4.3 android that u can resale and update later ... it will have a front facing camera too which hd2 doesnt have .. when 3g launches in india in the next 6 months there will be demand for mobiles with front facing cams ..

+ applications like skype have been removed for win6,5 so its a complete waste

so buying an hd2 even for 15k is a very bad idea.

khanvis2009 said:
desire hd 4.3" is going to be out next month .. same size as hd2 .. better camera . i suggest u wait for that

Well it's not even been confirmed yet. Moreover, even the rumours that are out there are talking about a October release. Then when will it comes to India (officially) is another question.

There will always be a better phone out there, and always a better model coming out in a few months. :)

(The Desire HD is a fantastic looking phone though!)

vebk said:
Well it's not even been confirmed yet. Moreover, even the rumours that are out there are talking about a October release. Then when will it comes to India (officially) is another question.

There will always be a better phone out there, and always a better model coming out in a few months. :)

(The Desire HD is a fantastic looking phone though!)

I won't be surprised if HTC releases Desire HD in India first like they did for HTC Legend. They need not worry about contracts etc and they can skip Desire's release altogether.

desiibond said:
First, HD2 is a superb phone that runs windows mobile 6.5 better than anything else out there. The SenseUI is amazing. But like many say, the usual lag due to winmo6.5 still exists and some may not like it.

Second, This link "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=732380" has all the info you need on porting Android to HD2.

Lastly, if your friend is getting the phone from USA, why not look for phones like N1 or Desire or Vibrant (Galaxy S). There are loads of Android phones that are available for a low price (under contract). He can also wait till next month as new phones are coming out.

Given the requirements, I think T-Mobile Vibrant would be the best choice (4" SUPER AMOLED, divx support, ready for Froyo, superb audio quality)
Thanks for the link, but looks rather tough.

we did give a thought to all of them, N1 he did not like, Vibrant he did like because its an android but thinks i9000 is better. Desire was the first thoughtwhich came into my mind) but the dealer through which he is getting does not have stock .

Vibrant, is what his first choice was. But, doesnt HD2 look much more better?

khanvis2009 said:
firstly nobody wants a dual boot phone ..at first it seems exciting to have a dual boot phone ...but its not at all practical ... and secondly if u plan to use android then get an android phone .. why get a windows phone and use android on it !!. it does not make any sense .. sure the guys at xda have ported android on the hd2 but it still has bugs and will have more bugs in the future as well as and when android develops to 3.0 .

so there is no point in getting hd2 .. the resale value will be zero when winmo 7 is launched or after the launch of htc desire hd at 4.3" android 2.2 with better camera as well

so y do u want to waste ur money on old technology .. wait for a while and spend that extra 10-15k and get a 4.3 android that u can resale and update later ... it will have a front facing camera too which hd2 doesnt have .. when 3g launches in india in the next 6 months there will be demand for mobiles with front facing cams ..

+ applications like skype have been removed for win6,5 so its a complete waste

so buying an hd2 even for 15k is a very bad idea.
Dude, Dual boot is a secondary thing. He does want it outright to flash it to ANDROID. He wont mind using WinMo 6.5, the only thing is .. is it really worth it ??

Resale value is not an issue here .. as he intends to keep the phone for a long time. And also to bring it to your notice HD2 are selling like hot cakes in the STATES.

In India no one is pretty much sure what gonna happen and what not. 3G is still a question mark ..

vebk said:

That is obvious, theres always something better coming out with time !

a 4.3 android is def happening cause the hd2 got very favorable reviews for its screen size ... htc has launched a 4.3" android in cdma( droid x , evo 4g) in US but nothing in the gsm market ... so the desire hd with a 4.3" screen is def going to be out soon .. many hd2 fans want a 4.3" android and htc knows this .... i am guessing the desire HD will be announced in one month

Back