HTC HD7 - Windows Phone 7

I've wanted a WP7 phone since they released, but I wasn't that enthusiastic about the hardware. Wanted to wait for the 2nd wave. It doesn't look like the 2nd wave is coming anytime soon, and with the NoDo update which brings multitasking, Twitter integration, copy paste & loads of other stuff, I thought I'll get one.

This was my only choice, since this is the only WP7 phone with support for the 1700 AWS 3G Band that T-Mobile USA uses.

Pictures.

img2781o.jpg

img2782a.jpg

img2783l.jpg

img2784ppx.jpg

img2785w.jpg

img2786a.jpg

img2787wh.jpg

Damages : $310 shipped, Brand New, eBay.

Watch this space OR the WP7 thread for impressions, coming later after my midterms. (Next week, during Spring Break)

$310 shipped from eBay? How come? And if its from ebay then its not bought subsidized. Great deal bro. Congratulations!!

EDIT: Just scanned ebay and if you are lucky to land a good deal, then a new piece can be had for about $310. Good work superfrag.

Pat said:
^^Wow..Awesome price! First question:- Isn't the damn thing too big for daily use??
Surprisingly, no! It's actually wonderful to have such a big screen. Obviously, many times your thumb will be stretching or you might need to use both your hands. But it's actually a great experience. The kickstand on the back (where the camera is) is mighty useful as well.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

phoenix844884 said:
$310 shipped from eBay? How come? And if its from ebay then its not bought subsidized. Great deal bro. Congratulations!!

EDIT: Just scanned ebay and if you are lucky to land a good deal, then a new piece can be had for about $310. Good work superfrag.
Yup! Pieces are going on an average for $350-$400. There was this auction, no one had bid at all, and the seller seemed to be reputable. Managed to snatch it up!

Geeeez, $300 is like HALF what I paid to get it locally in Pune off FlipKart with supposed 1-year local warranty :D Congrats and welcome to WP7 club!!! I might be joining Android club soon with Motorola Atrix haha, but WP7 is my top choice.

BTW, I dont think multitasking is coming in NoDo, it will come near end-2011 along with GUESS WHAT? -> Internet Explorer-freakin-version-NINE baby. uh huh.

And yes, before I got the HD7 I thought the 4.3 screen would be a problem too, turns out its quite usable/pocketable (not in jeans though) and the phone is quite slim anyway :)

Congrats again dude.

One recommendation, the black background with white/coloured text/icons look ugly/flickers when scrolling... so I switched to white background with brown theme (which I prefer anyway). Black background will look good/smooth I guess (and save little power) on those newer OLED screens like Samsung Omnia 7.

And do jump in on the "The Windows Phone 7 Thread" in the mobile section :)

Tell us what you think of the OS/UI/Apps etc...

vishalrao said:
Geeeez, $300 is like HALF what I paid to get it locally in Pune off FlipKart with supposed 1-year local warranty :D Congrats and welcome to WP7 club!!! I might be joining Android club soon with Motorola Atrix haha, but WP7 is my top choice.

BTW, I dont think multitasking is coming in NoDo, it will come near end-2011 along with GUESS WHAT? -> Internet Explorer-freakin-version-NINE baby. uh huh.

And yes, before I got the HD7 I thought the 4.3 screen would be a problem too, turns out its quite usable/pocketable (not in jeans though) and the phone is quite slim anyway :)

Congrats again dude.

One recommendation, the black background with white/coloured text/icons look ugly/flickers when scrolling... so I switched to white background with brown theme (which I prefer anyway). Black background will look good/smooth I guess (and save little power) on those newer OLED screens like Samsung Omnia 7.

And do jump in on the "The Windows Phone 7 Thread" in the mobile section :)

Tell us what you think of the OS/UI/Apps etc...
Yeah, I realized later that Multitasking and IE9 are coming later.. hehe.

Right now I'm using white background with green, I keep changing whenever I feel like. The customization is not as vast as Android's, but it's good enough, and each theme actually looks pretty different and sweet. And Android customization requires some of your time and knowledge, this is extremely easy. lol.

Thanks for the color recommendation, will check it out!

I'll be jumping on the WP7 thread a bit later, have some midterms to finish first. :D

The UI is absolutely brilliant, and most of the apps, if not all, use a similar UI, there is this consistency everywhere that is absent on other platforms.. (although right now I've not installed that many apps)

First when I used the phone, I had this extremely alienish feeling inside me, this so damn different compared to iOS & Android.

I'll post what I think of it in the WP7 thread this weekend!

Thanks again everyone! :=D

Back