HTC Service - Pathetic !!

Freaky

ex-Mod
Jun 19, 2005
Vince said:
Ouch.. sorry to hear that Freaky..

i dropped my HTC P3400 onto the floor 2 days ago, and not he headset wont get recognized unless i restart the phone.. :| think i should go to the service centre, btu i upgraded/flashed the rom to wm6.1 :| so should i downgrade before getting it to them or not??

@FreakY: BTW cold you post the exact address of their service centre in chennai?? i cant find it on the net :eek:

The people at the service centre wont bother shit if you've upgraded the OS. But if the phone is to be left at the service centre to get the issue fixed, you may well have to forget it for sometime.

Details of the service centre: ::: HTC ::: Smart Mobility :::

Code:
Name: RT Outsourcing Services LTD. C/o JV Electronics

Address: Old no 258, New no.433, Poonamallee High Road,Aminjikarai , Chennai-600029

Tel: (+91-44-26640689, 45530332)

Office Hours: Monday to Saturday : 9:30a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Sunday and Public Holiday - Closed

Its opposite to Lakshmi Talkies building on Aminjikarai (You'll find an Apollo pharmacy - Next to it will be lane just big enough for you to walk in. You'll find the service centre there)

Reactions: 1 person

Freaky

ex-Mod
Jun 19, 2005
Well.. It gets worse. After constant bugging, I get the good news that my phone is ready. Go there today afternoon only to find that the "keypad" looks different - Its the black keypad (Looks absolutely fugly). The panel looks as though someone fed it to a hungry street dog (The one I gave was spotless). I was darn pissed. Gave them a blasting after which they agreed to change the panel. Waited for half an hour. They bring the phone back with the white keypad and a "better" looking bezel. Was checking if everything was fine only to find that the SD card slot rubber cover was protruding (This is a common issue with all rubber covers - They expand with usage and dont fit right). I had ensured that this would not happen and it was absolutely fine when I gave the phone for service.

I got wild, met the manager and blasted him. It was 5.30 already and the service guys would not do the refit of the bezel today. Have asked me to collect the phone tomorrow. Let me see how it goes. Will post any updates here.

kippu

Skilled
Dec 28, 2006
well apparently my htc touch given for repairs is fine now ...dont know till i go there and check i suppose

Dinesh_Malhotra

Skilled
Jun 22, 2006
well i just gifted my k810i to my gal..
hence was thinkin of buyin a new cell !

i was thinkin to go for the HTC touch (my budget is not more than 15k)
but now i guess ... i`ll settle for somethin else

Freaky

ex-Mod
Jun 19, 2005
kippu said:
well apparently my htc touch given for repairs is fine now ...dont know till i go there and check i suppose

Had given a HTC Touch for service as well on the same day and got it 2 weeks back - 45 days from the day it was given for service.

Freaky

ex-Mod
Jun 19, 2005
Vince said:
@Freaky: any updates?

@Greenie: OMG HTC's cust care seems horrible everywhere...

Got the phone yesterday. Brand new bezel and keypad. Flashed to WinMo v6.1 - Wakaw :p

And yes, the Touch has serious speaker issues. There were atleast 5~6 people who had come to give the Touch for service due to the speakers going kaput while I was at the centre.

forum67

Adept
Dec 11, 2007
^^lol...ur first post here and bump an 1 yr old thread on HTC.

Daal mein kuchh kaala hai ---- u must be an HTC person , i suppose.

Rahul

Skilled
Jun 11, 2005
Chennai
Freaky said:
Got the phone yesterday. Brand new bezel and keypad. Flashed to WinMo v6.1 - Wakaw :p

And yes, the Touch has serious speaker issues. There were atleast 5~6 people who had come to give the Touch for service due to the speakers going kaput while I was at the centre.

even my phone was repaired for that speaker issue .....

technoman09

Recruit
Mar 25, 2009
Sorry Dude..Am nowhere related..Just was googling for HTC and came across this forum, and thought posting the link to my blog may be useful for some of the people here..

shahrocks

Disciple
Sep 4, 2007
it was very good experience getting my htc p3400i serviced. they replaced the main board in a day. while with nokia it takes 15 days or more. htc has greater number of service centres in gurgaon than others