HTC wildfire or Samsung galaxy3

ajincoep

Disciple
Hi Guys,
Pls help me in choosing between two.

ANyone had a hands-on on both.

I had a handson on Galaxy3 but the display looked dull.
What about wildfire, Reviews says, display is more pixelated than Galaxy3.

Sei said:
You forgot that Wave has a 3.3" screen whereas Galaxy S has a 4" screen. I think that demands a bit of a premium.

But the screen has the same resolution, no doubt less material has been used for a 3.3" screen, but what about the effort in manufacturing a smaller screen with the same resolution. Personally I think the cost would even out for both if that is a factor.
sydras said:
1) It's Samsung. Now matter which way you try to see it, Samsung is not Sony or some premium brand....meaning: I don't want to drop a lot of cash on a Samsung product. That's not to say that their current product is not good. I agree that the Wave is one of the better products out there but no one in my family or friends' circle would.

Well some people feel good about paying a premium for the same Samsung manufactured hardware labeled under a different brand and there are others who don't. But frankly I don't think anyone can make decent smart phone these days with out using at least a few components manufactured by Samsung. You can avoid buying a Samsung phone, but you cannot avoid buying Samsung hardware.

sydras said:
2) I fear that Bada might down the toilet in the future. You cannot have both Android and Bada co-existing unless they're compatible with each other. One of them will have to give way. I wonder how I'll feel after a year when Samsung itself stops Bada development and everyone's getting new features on their shiny new Android OS.

17K is still too much for me to spend on a Samsung product no matter what hardware they put in there. In six months, all phones will have equivalent hardware. I might consider it though the price was still lower.

If you get everything you need, I don't see why it should matter if Samsung stops Bada development one year down the line. Major updates and new features often require better hardware and even if a old phone is compatible, the experience can be sub-par. I would be content with running Froyo well on my Galaxy S than running Gingerbread in a half-assed manner. Also I don't see why Bada and Android cannot coexist. There are so many manufacturers developing for multiple mobile platforms.

@sydras- Samsung is not a premium brand and se is :rofl: Wave is a steal for 17k , get it. In current state , I even wont spend 2k on se phone :no:

Samsung is very very serious about BADA platform and no they wont give it up after a yr's time for sure.

abhifusion said:
BTW why not wait for Xperia X8 , as its going tto be launched soon and will be priced around 15k (Source: techtree :p) ... But Wave is definitely a better choice ...
The price of X8 will be <200 Euro. i.e 12K approx. Source, From SE itself.
X8 has better resolution & better looks than 5801 but lacks multitouch, doc viewer,swype,Bluetooth version,USB version.. Doesn't pro & cons of X8 v/s 5801 balance out each other? It is about what compromise u want to make.

Samsung is really revolutionizing the cell phone market first by star, corby and omnia series and now by spica, galaxy and wave series

Bada OS will surely become a good platform for smart phone OS

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sydras said:
I'm in the same dilemma oh what to get for around 15K. I need to get a phone for my wife and I belong to a more conservative club when it comes to spending on mobiles. There's no way that I'm going to spend 20K+ on a phone simply because there is a possibility of a phone falling down and going kaput or getting stolen and also, it's primary function is to make and receive calls.

The wave....as good as it is, there are a couple of things that run through my mind.

1) It's Samsung. Now matter which way you try to see it, Samsung is not Sony or some premium brand....meaning: I don't want to drop a lot of cash on a Samsung product. That's not to say that their current product is not good. I agree that the Wave is one of the better products out there but no one in my family or friends' circle would.

2) I fear that Bada might go down the toilet in the future. You cannot have both Android and Bada co-existing unless they're compatible with each other. One of them will have to give way. I wonder how I'll feel after a year when Samsung itself stops Bada development and everyone's getting new features on their shiny new Android OS.

17K is still too much for me to spend on a Samsung product no matter what hardware they put in there. In six months, all phones will have equivalent hardware. I might consider it though the price was still lower.

From a functionality perspective, a lot of folks have voted Sense UI as the best thing over Android. I like the traditional curvy PDA styling of most HTC devices and they also functionally appeal to me. However, the Wildfire seems more like a one off from their stable and there's nothing appealing about it at that price-point. the screen is quite poor the camera is supposedly not good. It's already a compromised mid-range product at 16K.

if you still feel that nokia is the best cell phone brand then you can get X6 or C6

or if you fear price drops then get one 5800 XM because its price as already dropped a lot and not much will occur in future

bada is loads better than symbian... i agree that its not iOS and its not android... but the way samsung are promoting bada, i dont think they will let go of it... look at the pricing of wave... its deliberately kept low so that the could sell in volumes.. get the customer base for bada... they are organising competitions for bada apps with massive prizes... they are releasing 2 more phones on bada... look at all the advertisement of wave... i find it on almost all phone related site.. be it gsmarena or any other... so considering the efforts and the strategy, bada wont "go down the toilet"

moreover as a personal view, i would like to add that approx 90% or even more of the apps on android market are shit... u wont ever use them... so what samsung is doing is increasing the number of bada users by pricing its phonve VERY aggressively and parallely they are expanding the app store... come on fellas compare the first version of bada with the first of android... bada is already quite refined and fast.. tells us about the efforts put in it...

m getting one next month... good luck to the traditional NOKIA fans with x6 :)

Back