HTC Wildfire v/s LG Optimus one P500

Icarus

Disciple
I'll be buying either HTC Wildfire or LG Optimus one P500. (I was put off by the looks and feel of the Galaxy 3 & X8). Guys, pls suggest which one to go for?

Quality and After Sales: I wanted to go for the P500, but ive heard quality of the phone isnt trustworthy and LG service is bad. Havent heard anything bad about HTC as yet (+1 Wildfire)

Price: But the Wildfire is apprx 15k, so it seems expensive v/s the 11,750 for P500 at Alfa. (+1 P500)

Display: The Wildfire has a smaller scrren size 240 x 320 pixels V/S 320 x 480 pixels of P500. Dont want to worry about pixelated apps, so (+1 for the P500)

UI: (+1) for Wildfire for its HTC Sense UI

RAM: 384 MB RAM Wildfire V/S 170 MB for P500, (+1 Wildfire)

Camera: 5 MP Wildfire (+1) V/S 3.15 MP for P500

CPU: Qualcomm MSM 7225 528 MHz processor for Wildfire V/S 600 MHz processor P500 (+1)

Stand by: Upto 480 h Wildfire V/S Up to 700 h P500 (+1)

Is Wildfire really worth 15k?? And will P500 be trouble free??

sarveshm123 said:
@Icarus: just wanted to confirm if you got P500 with bill at 11500 ? Here in Kandivali its 12700 for the same.
Yeah, with Bill!

The phone's good, but has some issues. Lags sometimes. Hung a few times. Corrupted my 4gb card, but then i foramtted it on the PC. something about not unmounting the sd card properly when phone is connected with PC via USB. Also i think it has a small bug that, when you restart music on earphones it automatically starts with full volume. Angry birds lags, but its bearable. Some apps hang don't know why. But i make do. Surf, email, etc. I think for this price, you can't find anything better.

Battery life is less and needs recharge once in 1.5 days, but in abt 3 hrs you can get a full recharge. So, its advisable to buy multiple charges/car charger. Also, the case is really horrible quality, so i suggest buying one from Sahara market/AL Saba behind musafir khana (bought ''real'' leather for 50/-) along with an micro SD card (4gb 250/- transcend) and other accessories (universal car charges 100/-), as it is the main wholesale market in Mumbai & it is always fully packed with people. Havent checked phone prices there though.

I am looking to buy a phone but I really can't decide what I want..

I was mesmerized by the SuperAMOLED screen of the wave but its 19K so a wee bit on the expensive side.
(if, however, someone is selling a second hand here at /te/ for about 15K I'd love to buy that one instantly and this query is void..... pm me please)

Besides that I really can't make up my mind as yet. if its not the wave, I'd like an Android and I have a budget of around 15K.
LG optimus one ? galaxy 3? what else?

The thing I am slightly bent towards is screen resolution and processor speed.

I loved the ZTE blade but Its not available in India (at least not with warranty), and those Dell F%$*@ers made the XCD phone with a TFT screen so no chance for that.

I really cant decide.. could someone give me some options that satisfy these conditions
1. android OS
2. Good Screen Res
3. good Processor
4. 15 K-16K

bad news is that my market topics aren't open yet coz' I'm new to /te/ so please don't send me links, reply here, for the greater good... :)

Back