PC Peripherals HTPC help

tech1978

Disciple
I am planning to build HTPC. Please let me know what are the components (compulsory +optional) that I need.
My budget is 10-15k. If you have any HTPC rig please specify config.

I have gone through it but I need some more info. In that manual they have said about universal remote and some stuff, I don't think its required.
I don't want to end up in spending in unnecessary thing (a specially in recession).

Ok, so tech1978 is a friend of mine and I am going to be assembling this unit :)

Heres what I have picked out:

Cabinet: 900

SMPS: powersafe 400W: 1100

UPS: 1650

HDD: 500Gb 2975

RAM: 2Gb 1150

DVD Writer 1050

GPU: Saphhire ATI 4350: 2800

Pentium Dual Core E5200: 3600

Motherboard Gigabyte G31 EG31M-S2L : 2700

USB Wi-Fi 900

TV-Tuner Hauppage 2000

Wireless keyboard/mouse 1350 logitech

Anything else I missed? (Monitor not yet, he will hook up to an existing 15" for now, LCD TV later)

Also, thinking to put in a iBall Baby cabinet. Only problem, it comes with a custom 300/350W PSU. Would that be sufficient for the above config? :ashamed:

^Should be enough but its an iBall PSU. Equivalent to most other crappy PSUs like Colors(h)it, Mercury, Frontech, Intex and the likes. U're better off with something else. :p

The Gigabyte G31-S2L motherboard; is it 2.7k? last I heard it was down to 2.3k. Or is this some other model?

Btw nice specs. :D

@Gannu: These are Pune prices. + a little padding before I actually buy anything just so we dont run over-budget in any case :)

The Cabinet is cute actually, thats why looking at it, and it cant take a normal PSU :( + the power draw of this rig anyway shouldnt be much, right?

Any other reasonably cheap cabby+ PSU suggestions?

Second option is a normal full size locally made cabby with a powersafe 400W.

Me thinks Greenie has the iBall baby enclosure. HTPC rig and runs an AMD proccy IINM.

Power draw shouldn't be anywhere close to 200W (me thinks) but I'd vouch for a better PSU to the looks of the cabinet anyday. :p

Gunman said:
Me thinks Greenie has the iBall baby enclosure. HTPC rig and runs an AMD proccy IINM.

Power draw shouldn't be anywhere close to 200W (me thinks) but I'd vouch for a better PSU to the looks of the cabinet anyday. :p

The wise man speaketh the truth!!

If you are on a budget, did you consider the zebbys?

Products - Pro Series, Computer Cabinets, Keyboards, Mouses, Power Supplies, Speakers, Web Cameras, Jet, Hawk, Shivaji, Antibiotic

These might be cheaper and will house a regular psu.

Back