HTPC Keyboard/Mouse

SumitB

Adept
I am looking to get a new keyboard/mouse for my HTPC. I would ideally like to have a backlit keyboard/mouse as I like watching movies on the HTPC in complete darkness. The Logitech diNovo Mini is perfect but the price is too high for me. However, a few weeks back, someone reported that he got the same for about half the market price.

The other option is to get the Lenovo Mini which I think is for about 1500/-. I however don't know who stocks this. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Any other options will also be welcome.

Switch, for the remote, nothing beats a Logitech Harmony remote. However, if you looking for a cheaper option, you can try the MCE remote that came as part of the HP Hauppauge PVR-150 bundle. Also, I am assuming that you will use it with XBMC. In this case, you need to get the eHome IR Receiver else you will have issues with the remote. The HP kit is the one to go in for as it is 100% eHome IR Receiver clone. Works flawlessly.

About the keyboard, I looked up a few reviews online and concluded that one should either get the Logitech diNovo Mini or the Lenovo Mini Keyboard. The logitech retails for above 5000/-. The Lenovo one is listed on ebay for 1790/-. I am thinking of getting the Lenovo one for myself. If I have some money in the next couple of months, I will get the Logitech one for another HTPC which I will be building.

For the remote one can also get the PS3 Blue Ray Remote. Its about 1.7K and has loads of functionality. But you would need a Bluetooth receiver with that.

Back