Android Huawei MediaPad 10 Link Tablet

d33p

Disciple
I am looking for a 10 inch tab with decent specs ...will mainly be used for browsing and movies.
Came across "Huawei MediaPad 10 Link" @ flipkart....decent specs + looks + great price too (20490/-)
What do you guys suggest ? Should I go for it ?
Some pros of the Mediapad 10 Link
  • Dual Speaker with Dolby Surround Sound
  • Powerful Quadcore CPU and 16-core GPU
  • 3G: HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps DL / 5.76 Mbps UL
  • 1080p Full HD Video Playback and 720p Recording
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
  • Android v4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
  • Slim Metal Unibody
  • HD (1280 x 800) IPS Display

I would personally recommend the Lenovo S6000 over the Huawei any day having tried both tabs out first hand.

You can get the S6000 on FK for 22,999 (Rs.19,550 if you have or know someone who has a StanChart card.) FK also throws in a free 16 GB MicroSD card with the tab.

http://www.flipkart.com/search?q=le...tart&ref=b069083c-d7db-4967-a08d-170430bee340

If you don't want the free MicroSD, then Amazon.in offer the tablet even cheaper at Rs.22,499.

http://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Idea-S6...8&qid=1381903358&sr=8-1&keywords=lenovo+S6000

Lenovo S6000 Specs -
  • Processor MT 8389 1.2 GHz Quad Core
  • RAM 1GB LP DDR2
  • Operating System Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
  • Internal Storage eMMC 16GB (Plus Expandable Storage Capacity up to 64 GB via MicroSD)
  • Display Type 10.1" IPS (350 nit) HD Capacitive Touchscreen with 1280 x 800 pixels
  • CAMERA 0.3 MP (Front), 5.0 MP Auto Focus (Rear) with Video Recording @30 fps
  • BT 4.0
  • USB OTG
  • Supported Networks-
    HSPA+ (42M/22M)
    3G: 900 / 2100 / 850 / 1900 (Note - This Tablet does NOT support voice calling)
    Edge/GPRS: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
  • Wi-Fi - 802.11 b/g/n
  • Li-Ion polymer Battery - 23.5w (6350 mah) (claimed 9+ hours battery life for Web browsing)
  • Micro-HDMI port, to connect and play your movies onto a TV
  • Sensors - G-Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, eCompass (Only for 3G)
  • Audio Formats Supported - MP3
  • Audio Jack 3.5 mm Headphone Jack
  • Weight 560 Grams
  • Colour - Black
  • Preloaded apps - Email, Doc Viewer, Evernote, Kingsoft Office, Music Player, Video Player
  • Box contents - Tablet, Charger, USB cable, Battery, User manual and Warranty card

Thanks for the Lenovo suggestion !
Both the tabs look more or less similar spec-wise.
Can you pls elaborate in what way you found the Lenovo better than Huawei ?
One of my primary usage will be watching movies......how would you rate the display of Lenovo vis-a-vis Huawei ?

I found the build quality of the Lenovo to be really top notch. That's not to say the Huawei was bad - I just preferred the Lenovo.

Apart from this, I personally rate Lenovo higher than Huawei as a brand as well and would expect Lenovo's AS/support to be better than Huawei considering Lenovo has a larger footprint in India.

Display quality wise, I liked both though I think the Lenovo was better.

Thing is, I tried out the Huawei over a month ago whereas I tried the Lenovo only last Sunday! So my memory of the Huawei is a bit sketchy to be honest. Plus, I had the Lenovo with me for 4 hours whereas I tried the Huawei for about an hour.

One thing I forgot to mention. The Lenovo's speakers are not very good. If you like watching movies, you may have to use headphones, something. I don't recall the quality of the speakers on the Huawei so I don't remember how good they are in comparison...

Thanks for the detailed info.
One more thing.....how's the USB OTG connectivity for both the devices ?
I want to be able to play movies from external HDD and Pendrives.
So whichever tab provides the same will be my choice.
Lastly.... did you find any heating issues with both the tabs ?

I wanted to check the USB OTG functionality on the Lenovo but I couldn't do so because no OTG cable is included in the box by default and I did not have a cable with me. It should work with USB Pen drives. No idea about portable HDD though. As for the Huawei and OTG, I didn't even think about it to be honest as I was sent only the tablet whereas with the S6000 I had the entire box with all its contents intact.

Regarding heating, the Lenovo heated up very mildly and stayed at that temperature for more than an hour of continuous use. The temperature was very comfortable to hold even when heated. Again, don't remember about the Huawei that well. Sorry.

Just thought I would add that considering watching movies is one of your primary aims for the tab, the Lenovo is also stated to support a Micro-HDMI port so you can connect and play your movies on a TV if you want to. Again, note that no Micro-HDMI cable is included by default so I couldn't try it out. Don't recall whether the Huawei had a Micro-HDMI port...

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.
Looks like I have to wait for a few more detailed reviews to find out if external HDD is supported by Huawei.

Back