Huawei X5 at 13k from nearby shop or Defy at 14.8k from letsbuy

hardilip

Recruit
All,

My friend is working for huawei through which I am getting the X5 at 13k.
I am really confused with Defy or X5. I probably will not be doing any modding to the phone till the warranty period.

X5 - Pros
Sleek and elegant look
Stunning screen for a 13k mobile 3.8" 480x800 16M
2.3 update in the offing
800 MHZ adreno 205
720p video recording

Cons
Huawei and no real reviews

Defy- pros
Rugged and looks good for a phone that rugged
Good screen
Amazing support community.

Cons
History of earpiece issues - I know its sorted out but still there are some problems reported
1.8k more for a slightly slower processor and no real functionality upgrade

These are points which came to my mind...Kindly advice...

Huawei X6 a.k.a Spice mi-410 is available for 13K at saholic (1k discount code).

Get Motorola Defy - If you don't trust companies like spice, huawei etc. and you are interested in modding (flashing custom ROMs like cyanognenmod). Also if you need a device that's rugged and can handle your everyday carelessness (not keeping inside a pouch, going in rain without cover, beach, drop etc.,). But if you are going to stick with STOCK ROM, then please try to avoid Defy.

Get Huawei X6/Spice mi-410 - If you are okay with buying new brand products as long as they are of good quality and has got good reviews and gives you Best VFM. (Even this is not so great without custom ROM, but still miles ahead to defy. Atleast change the launcher to launcherpro(free) the moment you buy it.)

Without modding, Galaxy Ace is better/equal to Defy in terms of performance. Though it doesn't have a sharp screen like defy and doens't justify the price point (13,500 is too much), it still has the best 5mp camera. So do check that out. And Wildfire S too.

And as for the real reviews for Huawei X6 / Mi-410:
Spice Mi 410 Full Review | Specs | Video | Price | Pictures - iGyaan.in [Trusted website]
Spice MI-410 Review | AndroidOS.in
The Spice MI410 Review
Spice Mi-410 Android Smartphone

Defy Vs Wellcom A99 (Huawei X6/Spice mi-410) Vs Galaxy Ace
‪Droidsans Showdown :
iGyaan Mi-410 Review
‪Spice Mi 410 Full Review - 1 GHZ Android Phone VFM‬‏ - YouTube
iGyaan Defy Review
‪Motorola Defy Review, water, scratch test, dust proof‬‏ - YouTube
Droidsans Spice MI-410 Review
‪Droidsans Review : WellcoM A99‬‏ - YouTube
Droidsans Motorola Defy Review
‪Droidsans Review : Motorola Defy‬‏ - YouTube
Quote from fonearena:
One important tip, peel of the screen guard that it comes with. The screen is not a gorilla glass, so you might need to put a scratch guard of a better quality. But you must absolutely get rid of the factory applied one as it hampers the overall touch experience.

Both X5 and Defy are good to buy. I would also suggest like other members that if you are buying X5, you might well as buy Spice Mi-410 as it is a Huawei X6 with spice branding. So you are getting X6 cheaper than X5. X6 hardware (1 ghz/front camera/big 4.1 inch screen) is much more superior than X5. But if you are only looking between X5 and Defy, either has its advantages.

Huawei X5 has better processor than Defy

Huawei X5 has better GPU than Defy (Yes, Adrenos 205 is on par with sgx540, so it is better than sgx530)

Defy has better build and better for handling than X5 (Never seen a phone that can be manhandled and still looks solid :))

Defy has better custom rom and development support than X5 (Which is the reason why most of people buy Android, including me :))

But getting Defy would be better because Motorola seems better than Huawei. But if you are also looking into X6, then I would choose that hands down over the Defy and X5.

Thanks for your inputs people...

I checked out Mi 410 as well - I have serious doubts over its 1400 battery...
Would it really last a day given the size of the screen... My use would be moderate...If it lasts for a day I can go for that....at 13k it sure looks a killer deal...

the touch response on X5 felt really smooth much better than the Mi 410 ... Xda and modaco has threads for X5 and its recently launched so think mod support will increase....

Defy's ruggedness is its USP...have a 1yr old at home who throws things around so definitely a advantage ...at the same time little concerned on the SAR value as well...

Confusion continues with Mi 410 added to the mix......:huh:

you should buy the phone according to your usage and requirements.i have both the dell xcd35 and nokia 5233-although the android experience is good,i prefer keeping the nokia with me because of battery life, i need to listen to music,fm,internet through bluetooth(to connect to pc),using music player while working out with hardware control keys(pnht mod).if battery life and ruggedness are more important to you than having the latest graphics and biggest screen ,buy the defy.because if you buy the phone with poor battery then you will be shutting off allits features and underclocking it to improve battery life!!!!! just my two cents.

just my two paisa actually!!

There's no reason for you to keep X5 still in race. (or Is there?)
B/W Defy vs MI-410 - Check both mobiles in person if possible.
Also, you were talking about xda, modaco, mod and stuff - OMG! You are gonna be so disappointed if you buy the MI-410 (of course, things might change in the future, as the Motorola Triumph (X6) being released in US recently).

So you are obvious choice is Defy. Go for it! Don't worry about the SAR too much. Why?
-> There are hundred thousand people who own this device, do you think they all don't care about their health?
-> Do you think that the us gov or fcc, will allow any such product that would affect the people in anyway?
-> Even if the gov approved it, Will Motorola knowingly release a device that can be harmful and put it's company at risk?
-> And if they all had done the above without their knowledge, wouldn't someone have sued that company for it's "harmful" effects on people and take the company down or get a huge settlement?

Thanks Emmarbee for triumph info. BTW, It was released under virginmobile,usa just two days back. there is a difference in opinion at xda about bootloaders tho - some say VM is known to be a b**ch against rooting and others say its stock android, so it can be unlocked. keeping fingers crossed...

Back