Less than 10K Huawei Y300 or Pantech burst?

kadavul

Recruit
Guys, I am looking to buy my first smartphone and have been reading these forums for some time. I am looking at something below 10k that is vfm.

I absolutely hate the custom UI provided by the manufacturers(touchwiz, timescape, emotion etc). I love the stock android experience after using it on my friend's phone(a google nexus). I have found that I could use the nova launcher and holo locker apps to get something close to the stock experience.

The pantech burst has great specs but I wanted to know about the dev support and if I can run a JB rom on it or atleast upgrade it to ICS and run nova launcher on it(I can gamble on the warranty). Battery also seems to be a concern.

I also like the Huawei Y300 which comes with JB and is available for pre-order at 8K on flipkart. Please let me know which would be the best option.

Also please let me know if there is any other phone that I am missing out on. I really value a smooth UI and feel android has come very close to iOS and WP8 in this regard but I feel the manufacturers are spoiling it. I also understand the limitations of a sub 10k phone but want to squeeze the maximum out of my money :)

Here's the template:

1. Budget?
A: lesser than 10k

2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Preferred display type?
A: Needs to be sharp that's all.

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: don't like Indian phones(micromax etc), Also dislike samsung because of touchwiz.

5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Not important

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android!

8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, WiFi, Edge

9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Browsing, email, twitter, facebook, whatsapp, productivity apps(trello, anki etc.,). Probably puzzle games. don't like playing graphics heavy games on the phone.

10. Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim, needs to be at least ICS. have great dev support or atleast a stable JB/ICS rom(I like MIUI, CM).

11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Huawei y300, pantech burst

Pantech burst has several advantages over y300 :-

1. 1GB ram over 512MB of y300
  2. 16GB rom over 4GB of y300
  3. MSM8660(dual core scorpion) over MSM8225(dual core A5) of y300
  4. Super amoled over IPS dispaly of y300
  5. Adreno 220 over Adreno 203 of y300

Burst is far better than y300, only ICS is also available at this time though

Back