HUL Pureit Marvella G2 UV filter query

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I have this Pureit product bought in Aug 2021

Back then, the installation guy told that after filtering around 6k liters of water an led will glow prompting for the filter replacement etc.

But it has been 2 yrs now yet no such indication.

In these 2 yrs I have not done any self-maintenance nor was suggested by the installation person.

Can someone assist whats wrong here or am I still to reach the filter replacement mark or I'm needlessly bothering..

@blr_p if you can suggest something..

Last edited:
The filter on the aqua guard without any warning light was recommended to be changed once a year. We'd do it on a regular basis.

The filter on the aqua guard without any warning light was recommended to be changed once a year. We'd do it on a regular basis.
Aqua guard is a different story. I have aqua guard at my parents place and it gets replaced once a year and is covered in the amc itself.

But for Pureit its fuzzy!

Looking at the specs, It doesn't have any membrane filter and only uses sediment and carbon filters and a ultraviolet light to kill germs.
Probably the water you get is clean so you can wait till the light glows red to change the filter. If it was using a Ultra Filter or RO membrane only then you need to change the membrane filter every two years.

Looking at the specs, It doesn't have any membrane filter and only uses sediment and carbon filters and a ultraviolet light to kill germs.
That is how a basic aquaguard works.
Probably the water you get is clean so you can wait till the light glows red to change the filter. If it was using a Ultra Filter or RO membrane only then you need to change the membrane filter every two years.
Carbon would need replacing also

That is how a basic aquaguard works.

Carbon would need replacing also
Yes, i forgot. Both Carbon filters need to be replaced every year (in aquaguard and other generic brands). Better to replace all the filters since it's been two years since he's done any maintenance of the system.

Aqua guard is a different story. I have aqua guard at my parents place and it gets replaced once a year and is covered in the amc itself.

But for Pureit its fuzzy!
Did you check the TDS/Hardness of the water? Maybe that will give you an indication if the filter needs to be changed immediately.

So finally after 23 months the Indicator showed up

1689062066118.png

@blr_p

Do I need to replace inside of only this?

1689063969054.png

Attachments

• 1689063923798.png
    1689063923798.png
    536.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Update... got the filters changed few weeks and only then the technician says the led shall blink red for a replacement and the green led is simply normal. This is ow they loot their customers.
Anyways, he was shocked to see that been 2 yrs yet no red led indicator.

He also advised to keep changing the sediment filter every 6 months

Back