I Am Alive - Discussion Thread

I Am Alive confirmed for PC; coming in March (?) - Big Download Blog

Ubisoft's upcoming release schedule has just thrown nearly everyone a curve ball as Eurogamer reports that the first person action game I Am Alive, previously thought of as a console exclusive, will also be coming to the PC. Even more bizarrely, Eurogamer reports the game will be coming out at the end of March.

I Am Alive was first revealed back in July at E3. The press was shown a CGI trailer to showcase the game's setting of a city that has been rocked by a massive disaster and one man's journey inside it. That's pretty much all the info Ubisoft has revealed about the game, which is being created by developer Darkworks (their last game was the survival horror title Cold Fear). Hopefully Ubisoft will step up the promotion of I Am Alive before its release.

more like i m legend

hehe......

Chicago, June 2009. A 10.3 magnitude earthquake destroys the city and shatters your life as an ordinary citizen. As the rescue mysteriously fails to arrive, you are trapped in an environmental and social chaos that gets worse by the hour. Your only way out is to set up a massive refugee camp to hopefully attract rescue's attention. You will need to find resources and organize survivors to create your headquarters. In the midst of Chicago’s ruins, you’ll have to both preserve and sacrifice in order to survive during 7 days. Rescue, heal, protect, kill, ambush or steal. But first, try staying alive. It could happen to you, so ask yourself: what would you do?

Features:

-The city is falling apart all around you! Survive the earthquake and its aftershocks, the collapsing buildings and the devastating rifts in this never before seen hostile environment.

-Make your way through social chaos. Evolve among other survivors in an urban jungle where there are no more rules and where violent groups dictate their law.

-Learn to survive. Use tactics, diversion and discretion to survive against the odds.

-Rescue or hunt. In this new era where everyone is for himself and where water is gold, hunt for precious resources, save people in distress and restore order to unify survivors in one base camp.

-The player controls Adam Collins in a third person perspective. The player can use various tactics to stay alive, including using an empty gun to threaten enemies, finding food and water around the city in order to keep Adam alive and healthy and use of actual live weapons, including pistols, machine guns, and grenades if found.

-The player can also drive abandoned vehicles. The game has an emphasis on platforming and exploration. The player will scale wrecked buildings and navigate hazardous areas. Gameplay footage shows similar mechanics to the Uncharted series.

Source: IGN-I am Alive and Wiki-I Am Alive

Screenshot-

http://wgtccdn.wegotthiscovered.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/iamalive.jpg

http://tinktink.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IAmAlive_012.jpg

http://fourplayercoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/iamalive.jpg

Source: Google Images

I am Alive Box Art:

http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/PS3/30615_i_am_alive.jpg

Trailer:

A cinematic Trailer:

If the real gameplay involves something like frequent earthquakes between the game and player has to run to safety,jumping from one building's roof to another when there's an earthquake of some magnitude side by side and etc etc. Then i can think of it that this could be some good game otherwise for me it's a no-no.

Destructoid said:
This is an action game in which players assume the role of a man who must find his family in a post-apocalyptic world. From a third-person perspective, players traverse through city ruins and use a machete to kill human enemies in melee-style combat. Battles are accompanied by realistic gunfire, slashing sounds, and cries of pain; characters emit brief splashes of blood when hit.

Players have the ability to kill or knock unconscious wounded/vulnerable enemies via finishing moves (e.g., throat slashing, impaling, pistol-whipping); these scenes are highlighted by close-up camera angles and increased player control (e.g., on-screen prompts with button-press sequences).

During the course of the game, players encounter women who can be saved from nearby enemies; sexual mistreatment is sometimes implied in the dialogue (e.g., “These guys kept me as their pet, or mascot, or something.”). One sequence depicts the background silhouette of a man fondling and threatening a captured female survivor; the exchange includes phrases such as “Do you hear me? Don't touch me!” and “Don't be like that. You know I can make your life a lot easier if you would just cooperate.”

The words “p*ssy,” “f**k,” and “sh*t” can be heard in the dialogue.

I Am Alive spotted in the wild via ESRB rating -Destructoid

Btw Elias Toufexis (who voiced Adam Jensen in DX3) seems to have some major role in the game. Not sure if he is voicing as the protagonist.

I Am Alive Coming to PSN, XBLA This Winter

Announced way back in 2008, I Am Alive has lead a rather troubled development life, with studio Darkworks leaving the project, only for it to be picked up by Ubisoft Shanghai. Even then, rumors of cancellation and production difficulties caused many to think it was vaporware, but Ubisoft have now re-announced the game.

I Am Alive follows a man’s journey to find his wife and daughter, who were lost during the “Event.” Set a year after the disaster, his hometown, Haventon, is in ruins, with humanity fighting to survive.

Adam Novickas, Director of Marketing at Ubisoft, said:

We know people have been waiting for this game to arrive, and we believe it’s going to be worth the wait. I Am Alive presents a unique take on the post-apocalyptic, survival genre by creating more complex and emotional situations for the player. Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network are the perfect platforms to leverage the mature and challenging experiences of the game.

I Am Alive‘s gameplay will focus on surviving your environment as well as your enemies. Stamina and resource management will be vital to your survival, as you scale buildings to find supplies and must brave the deadly atmosphere. Interestingly, the combat system seems to be a little different, as players will need to utilize intimidation: cowards can be scared away by an empty gun, while other enemies will fight to the death.

Ubisoft’s I Am Alive is out this winter on PSN and XBLA.

Source: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/09/29/i-am-alive-coming-to-psn-xbla-this-winter/

Also, here's the new trailer:

[youtube]zSXfsDuMxGo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

They have the the rights elements, all depends on the execution. It will either be one of the best survival type game or yet another "could have been so much" title.

It would be more fun if we get to feel live earthquake in the game whilst we are playing...like sudden earthquakes and we have to run for shelter/safety etc. Would be nice. :)

the game is soo awesome that even they are confused that what awesome date should they choose for it's awesome release..:p

Back