PC Peripherals I am buying a new PC!

Hey Crazysah.I think ur not getting it.Did u understand what the others have been trying to suggest??Guess not.Well lets try this again,
GO FOR AN ASSEMBLED PC.
Thats the point really.
Now if u want the best bang for the buck,go for an assembled system and you will be able to build a system far more superior than a branded one.And since u said u wanna be able to play all the latest games wat u need is a powerful graphics card and i dont think there's any company in India that provides a decent graphics card for a 80K system so do keep that in mind.Hope u got it this time atleast for ur own sake.

Cheers!

Crazysah said:
I am only going to be buying this computer in End of March/Start of April.

What about Dell? Is there service good in New Delhi? Can I easily get it repaired? I know Dell has a gaming PC?
Even Assembled PC to have WARRANTY and if you get Assembled PC from any local dealer it will give you same service as DELL/HP/COPMAQ will give, even I experienced great service from such REPUTED LOCAL Dealer compare to Brand.:D

Here in Mumbai for AMC they charge 2500/- yearly and attend your call within 24 hrs.:) :)

Buy Brand/Products recommend on TE by most experienced user and I don't think you PC will need any repairing service (if you didn't make it to get repaired):eek:hyeah:

2 things:

1. My dad won't let me go for ASSEMBLED. He thinks that the parts aren't good and that the service is no good and you can't get it easily repaired.
2. Thats why he is making me go for branded. He is willing to buy branded and then buy a seperate Graphics Card and install it in.

Help me convince him to get a branded.
Also if not... then is there a Dell Service CENTER in DELHI? Also... do any companies allow customizable PC's?

Dude read my earlier post.If you want a branded one go for this one:-

HCL Store: Beanstalk Series

Sorry, you cannot istall a gfx card on a branded pc.Firstly, doing so will void the computer's warranty.Secondly,the PSU of branded pcs are crappy, so if you install good gfx cards,the system will go kaput.

So decide which one you want.

like everyone i repeat assembled PC bought from Decent place with decent AMC = Branded PC in terms of support

and way better in terms of performance....atleast on the high end side....

if u were buyin a low end pc....it'd be same....better may b....but not with a high end....not in India

Yeah but he isin't allowing me to buy a assembled PC unless you guys can help me convince him. On my current PC... HP..I installed a new Graphics card?

u brought a HP ? what config or you got a GPU for your current rig.

Simply show your dad this thread and may be some others also on the forum. may be he gets convinced . tell him that nothing will go wrong and if it does ( it wont unless u make it happen :))) ) u will take the responsibility of getting it changed etc. hope that works out for you

Crazysah said:
2 things:

1. My dad won't let me go for ASSEMBLED. He thinks that the parts aren't good and that the service is no good and you can't get it easily repaired.

Give in writing to Vender what you want, he will give you quotation for same product, keep this with you and order same.

About quality, as it has selected by you and I'm sure you won't select bad.:)[/quote]

Crazysah said:
He thinks that the parts aren't good and that the service is no good and you can't get it easily repaired.

You can't get repaired Branded PC easily as well as can face hardship while installing any New SW/HW (my dealer told me same)[/quote]

Crazysah said:

Ask him, let allow you to buy Assembled and the amount. you save (by going with assembled compare to branded) donate for any good reason:)

one more thing if you give a idea as to were you live in delhi , you can look for a local dealer who is close to your place that ways its easy for you to get in touch with him also in case any thing goes wrong plus AMC is also quicker and better and prices generally dont vary a lot simply tell them what deal you getting them at nehru place they give you those prices :)

One way to present the argument would be to get the specifications for a branded PC HP/HCL/Lenovo falling within your budget (Rs.80,000) and total up their individual market prices which would be if I am not wrong substantially lower than the price quoted by the company.
Now these companies do not manufacture the components that make up the PC themselves, rather source it from the original manufacturers. They just test the components, assemble them and install basic software like OS and other apps. So the premium that you would be paying would be for the assembly, 1 yr warranty and their brand name which in my opinion is still way overpriced.

Instead you can easily draw up a list of components which fit your needs and budget, their current market prices and and the place to buy them from (the members in the forum would be happy to help you out with them). Then you just need to buy and assemble them. If you are somewhat familiar with the hardware, then with a few directions assembly becomes really simple, just like assembling toy blocks.
You can always ask a computer technician to assemble the PC for you and even get an AMC at much lower price. This apart from the individual warranties of min. 1 year that you would be getting for the components.

Going for an assembled one always works out to be cheaper (in terms of money, though it will cost you in terms of time and labour spent) as you are eliminating a rung in the chain between the manufacturer and yourself. Even cheaper would be picking up the parts from the production line itself :) if thats possible.

off topic:hey man why don't you conduct a poll question regarding this after the votes been done show this to your dad may be your dad will convinced :hap2:

go for a assembled pc

Yaar,

Bete ko Baap se kyon bhida rahe ho?:mad:

Let do him as per his father told and PEACE in his Family, else his father never again allow him to visit TE;)

dude i just had gone through the dell site and just configured something am sure u will make much better stuff assembled.

here are the specs

:

http://dellstoreroa03.sg.dell.com/p...s.jsp?frompage=content&uvst=08770920402712648

Q220214 - Dell Dimension(TM) E520 Core(TM)2 Duo Processor Desktop

1 71,819.00 71,819.00

Date 19/02/2007 06:53 PM

Catalog Number 40417

Base System Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor E4300 1
(1.8GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

Operating System Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium 32 bit (English) 1
Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium 32 bit (English) DVD Media
Vista(TM) HTML Guide
Added performance for entertainment and movie making. Features the new 3D Aero
graphics interface. Includes Windows Media Centre functionality,
Movie Maker, advanced photo features and DVD authoring. 2GB+ RAM recommended.

Dell Services: Hardware Maintenance (H) 1 Year Next Business Day (8x5) Onsite Response (Parts + Labour) 1
1 Year Telephone Technical Support (9am To 6pm, Monday - Friday)
Varied From DELL's Terms And Conditions

Items included in the System Integrated Fast Ethernet 10/100 1

Dell(TM) Support 1

System Drive CD Kit 1
Dell(TM) PC-Restore

Memory 2GB (2X1GB) NECC Dual Channel DDR2 667MHz SDRAM Memory 1

Keyboards Dell(TM) USB Quietkey(R) Keyboard(English) 1

Mouse Dell(TM) Optical USB Mouse 1
Dell(TM) Mouse Mat

Floppy Drive & Card Reader No Floppy Drive and Media Card Reader 1

Hard Drive 250GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing 1
Info Mod

Optical Drives 16X DVD+/-RW with Dual Layer Write Capabilities 1
Roxio Creator 9.0
4.7GB DVD+R Blank Media (1 pc)

Software Microsoft(R) Works 8.5 1
Word Processor/Spreadsheet/Database/Calendar/Powerpoint viewer/Email Tools

Security Software No Security Subscription (M) 1

Video Card 256MB PCIe(TM)x16 NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 7300LE TurboCache w/TV-Out, VGA & DVI 1

Display 19" Flat Panel LCD Monitor (Analog only) 1
For Dimension(TM) Monitor Only

Sound Card Integrated 7.1 Audio 1

Speakers Dell(TM) A225 USB Stereo Speakers 1

TV Tuner & Remote Control Dell(TM) PCIe(TM) Hybrid PAL/SECAM/DVB-T TV Tuner with Remote Control 1

Others Shipping Documentations 1

Limited Time Offer 1 Free Upgrade from 512MB to 1GB Memory

Limited Time Offer 2 Cash Off Rs 4000

Remarks Discount is only valid if the corresponding upgraded item is selected above. 1
Mod Specs Info (India)

Limited time promotional offer only. No further discounts apply. 1

Freight Charges Dimension(TM) MT Handling & Insurance Charges (India) 1

Delivery & Freight Charges Delivery Charges (India) 1

Total

Total Amount Before Tax Rs 71,819.00

Hmmm then you will have to void warranty and put 8800GTS instead of that puny 7300LE

Otherwise that configuration that 200mph just said is fine

BTW if you assemble then you can easily put E6400 if not E6600 whereas in this u get E4300

Crazysah said:

Its the opposite. Branded computers use cheap stuff to cut costs. As far service is concerned, it will be the same or worse than an assembler. My dealer who also sells HP laptops could not get his own personal HP laptop fixed under 2 months when it went bad. Its not always the case, but its just an indication that branded can be worse.

Another thing to note is that if you go for assembled, there is varying amout of warranty on different item like HDD will have 5 years, Graphics card will have 3 years etc. But for branded machine they give only 1 year warranty and charge extra for extra warranty periods.

Crazysah said:
2. Thats why he is making me go for branded. He is willing to buy branded and then buy a seperate Graphics Card and install it in.

In that case, You will have to get the GPU from the company itself at extorbent prices. Installing it seperately will immediately void warranty. Belive me, they charge very high. I had a quotation from dell for a machine and they quoted 48k for a ATi X800 Pro when the market price was 27~28k at the time.

Crazysah said:
Also if not... then is there a Dell Service CENTER in DELHI? Also... do any companies allow customizable PC's?

Just make up a config and get a quotation for it from Dell as well as a assembler and compare.

Back