I am buying an SD card on ebay.com.How much import duty will I have to pay once it reaches India ?

mannrak2003

Disciple
Mods,apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum to post this question..

Anybody with experience buying from ebay.com ?

I am buying this micro SD card .

Below is the reply I got from the seller for my query.

message from ebay_seller.JPG

Can anybody tell me a rough percentage of the duty I will have to pay for the SD card ?

I think the 512 GB version is the Extreme one nee the Extreme Pro version.You know the age old trick of showing something and delivering some other thing.Even the description says its the Extreme version.........So....:)

Mods,apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum to post this question..

Anybody with experience buying from ebay.com ?

I am buying this micro SD card .

Below is the reply I got from the seller for my query.

View attachment 121681
Can anybody tell me a rough percentage of the duty I will have to pay for the SD card ?

Don't buy unless the seller location is in China - I ordered something in August, In September 6 it finally left USA but never landed in India.

Don't buy unless the seller location is in China - I ordered something in August, In September 6 it finally left USA but never landed in India.
Hmmm....My experience is different......I tried buying the same item on NewEgg.Guy was a Chinese seller.Shipping through Rahul@USA.....The thing never even materialized in USA......He gave fake tracking details for USPS....blah...blah....Lost my faith with Chinese sellers over there.... and then Rahul suspended shipping....:(

I would expand on this and say don't buy anything from that side of the world (US/UK/Canada/Australia/NZ, unless you have an Import/Export Code or go through third party importer/package forwarder.

I lost an order of AMD motherboards because of (presumably) improper customs declaration from a seller with 100% feedback. I have never lost a package through package forwarders, I've used both MyUS and (currently use) Stackry. Stackry takes responsibility for customs clearance issues and refunds the cost of the parcel with shipping if it is lost or seized due to an error on their part.

Already bought from amazon.in...... minimum import duty would be 42 % and upper.....doesn't cut it......Thanks everybody ....
Months ago, I purchased a family pack of Chargies(3 numbers) from Romania and them *#@$%**** charged 64 % import duty.. !!!! (chargie.com)

Below is the breakup

Landing price = Rs 5564.02

Import duty = Rs 3558.96

Total = Rs 9122.98

Back