I know this is not to be discussed on TE

hmasalia

Adept
My friends I know this is not a topic related to TE, But I couldnt stop myself from knowing your views.
I want to know....
when you look at people what is your first reaction

1.Do you consider beared person to be a muslim?
2.Do you relate muslims to pakistani or india (1st thing that comes into your mind)

I am asking this cos I was reading an article on rediff in which many people had given a cheap and perverted and disgracefull replied which depicted pakistani has ultra cheap people.
I have many of my relatives living in Pakistan, trust me they are not so bad, also when we happened to talk, they said this Hindu Muslim devide is just a media creation out there, Hindus, Muslim live together but yes do they have some issues but not as serious as depicted by the press.

Also dont you think that media over rates any perticular topic.

1. Prince falling in well.
2. Adobe software CEO's sons kidnapping.
3. Noida murder case
4. Shilpa Shetty Kiss etc etc etc.

I think some level of censor should be introduced by the press espicially print and television
When the WTC Crashed down, the U.S media didnt show any mutilated bodies in the rubbles, hence it didnt agitate the already weaked people of their nation.
Same thing over here in India
During the Gujarat Roits, each and every mutilated bodies were shown, when the people were getting killed, murdered, the media persons were happily video tapping it instead of savings the persons life. which I think seriously jolted and yes revolted the people watching it and resulted in vengence.

The rivalry is played by the Politicians and we are the sick goats killed.

Have you people noticed, how much emphasis do the politicians have on the rural areas when compared to the cities, also the turnout in the villages is much higher when compared cities.

I have voted twice so far, and I make sure I vote and encourage many of my friends and family do go and cast their vote, only then we can bring around a change.

Ignorance is no longer a bliss, I say......

Believe me dude, most of hindus consider muslims as just another human being. Though a guy with a beard might be identified as muslim, its coz more of the things we see around us. It has nothign to do with cheapness or terrorism. Its just like a person having fish being called a bengali. Sort of identification we r used to.

The ppl differentiating between muslims n hindus are doing so for their own motives, largely political and sometimes maniacs. But since 1 such person is enuf to create havoc, we only notice him and ignore many more millions living their lifes peacefully.

1. No, a bearded person is not a Muslim. What kind of weird logic is that?

2. An Indian is an Indian, irrespective of religion. Period.

Media, specially TV Media will overrate anything... remember the Indica with no driver crap...IMO with the exception of NDTV (and maybe CNN-IBN, haven't watched TV in a long time), almost all other channels have incredibly low journalistic standards. This sensationalist reporting brings in higher ratings so the channels can quote higher prices for their advertisement slots.

Also, During the recent Mumbai train blast, there was an Incident where the people who were helping move the injured from the tracks to the hospital who actually got together and beat up a reporter who was filming right next to one of the train compartments where the bomb had gone off, since he and his crew were just standing there and not helping the injured. It wasn't reported in the Media, but someone I personally know witnessed this first hand and when he told me, It made me feel real good :).

No way! heck, i'm a 100% sikh (with Singh Plaha ending my name) and I'm very patriotic when it comes to the issues we have with Pakistan, and I was pulled down by my father when he commented on my beard being too "muslim style"...WTF? I copied some actor off some hollywood movie, but I didn't want to argue so I shaved it all off.

I hate this though, beard shouldn't tell your background.

2.Do you relate muslims to pakistani or india (1st thing that comes into your mind)

Pakistan, its the first thought that comes to my mind, but I think its irrelevant, since right after that I think of the fact that more muslims which reside in India, and there is Bangladesh.

3. Noida murder case

Yes, I agree. Its a big flaw in the way the media works in this country, along with the Government here. There needs to do done a lot of work to improve this state.

When i went to the police station for the passport verification formality, the inspector told me that i should not keep a beard, said that only muslims keep a beard, we hindus should keep a moustache.

My parents keep nagging me about my beard.

Even my aunt who came from the US freaked out when she my beard :D

You dont need to ask these questions to educated people cause you will not get the answer/person you are looking for.... It is that uneducated lot which differentiate between hindus and muslims... That is why we need our people to be educated... Our president is a muslim and being a hindu i am proud of him..

P.S. I cannot grow a berad... I dont have that much growth otherwise i would have :p...

naaah buddyboy ..

Loads of ppl got beard.. i myself am notorious for keeping a stubble at times :p

and i got loads of ppl who r muslim and pally wid me ..

Dnt let these stuff bogg dwn u yaar.. chill maar..

aisa aaltu phaaltu nahi sochne ka .

I agree ki muslims hv been at the recieving end and that too for no fault for majority of times.. bt they all need to be acting mature and live like true sons of the soils and let no opportunity pass by to prove that in a sane manner..

like u been voting and i bet u been doing acknowledgeable stuff.

Dnt let stuff rattle u like confused ppl who can be brainwashed easily .. :)

And abt ppl in pak .. i got this frnd .. a grl .. and been speakin to her for the past 4 years.. she seems to be perfectly sane .. i spoken to her mom as well and nothing odd ever crept in my mind.

And indian media ka toh jawab nahi ... ek bandi ne dhoni ko embrace kya kar diya .. uska interview is on within minutes.. a full live chat session .. phooey ..

journalism has gone for a six in this country ... only a handful channels been the saving grace..

Bro .. bina baat ke bogus baatein nahi sochne ka .. u been sane enuf urself here.. so there u go .. another example in ur own household mirror :p

Jst smile and let foolish talks go by ... faaltu sochinga.. maar khayinga sab se yahan .. ;)

D-uh...there's no dearth of prejudiced jerks who go arnd stereotyping everyone and everything....

don't let these idiots bog you down....

hmasalia said:

3. Noida murder case

Totally agree with you. I hate the media for many reasons :mad: . Hate the way they functon.. many things..

Its a Fashion these days. Therefore one can't consider a Beared person a Muslim. Infact i see many hindus these days going for the muslim style Beard. But i fail to see the problem , Infact you should be proud since it looks cool :D

I Have many Muslim Friends , infact if i think of it ... i have more muslim friends then i have hindus. But i have never differntiated between them. I see everybody be it hindus , muslims , chirstians , sikhs etc as indians first .... later comes the religion part. The Hard fact is that our Hindu ancestors still see muslims in Bad Taste for some reason and vice-versa but that is understood since they have lived through the period of partition. But i dont think any sane educated people of our generation will ever differentiate between hindu and muslims.

The one thing i hate though is some muslims living in India and calling themselves Indians still support pakistan for some reason. For Example -- There was this cricket worldcup match between India and pakistan and some of my muslim friends for some reason supported pakistan. I was quite bumped that day. Not only a cricket match but their thoughts about the kargil war and how pakistan did a right thing and got the upper hand also shaked me a little. Since then i have never talked about these things with a muslim. Apart from their strange thoughts they happen to be quite nice people and very good friends.

3. Noida murder case

I agree Media gets Rediculous sometimes but i feel it is also a very important part of the Indian Democracy. Had it not been for our Media , the polititians would have sold this country out. Atleast Media brings some Tansperancy in the system. Also the fact that people love controversies encourage the Media to perform these rediculous stunts. Its simple if we stop watching such programmes , they will stop making it. I think we are equally responsible for the actions of Media. Agreed Media has its Pros and cons but in today's world its a very important part of our Democracy , it always has been.

Hindu Muslim devide is just a media creation out there, Hindus, Muslim live together but yes do they have some issues but not as serious as depicted by the press.

I beg to differ there. Media today is doing everything it can to Bring these 2 communities together. Hindu-muslim divide was never a Creation of Media. They try their best to mantain peace between the people of these 2 religions. Its also a Business thing , they cant afford to differentiatecoz if they do they will loose business. Have you never heard them saying ... Goodnight , Khudahafiz , Shubratri ??

Yeah I know I dont need to talk about this thing to educated lot out here.

But its just that I was blocked down with the comments the so called educated people made on rediff.

I had raised an issue there but.... never mind.

Hehe I normally dont keep a beard just a stubble, trust me I find it very itching which really pisses my grandmom off.

My dad is extremely anti pakistan.... but my mom was a pakistani (bangladesh)... you see the arguments they have during cricket matches. you will have a gud laugh

When it comes to cricket I ekdum anti pakistani..

as for the Kargil war... my cousins explaination was......

they are the winner, I said please justify yourself,

he said their soldiers had planted their countries flag on indian soil....

and it seems their soldiers had a heroes welcome out there.

I told em, planting their flag, alright.. but they surely got there ass wiped by us Indians later on during the war.

also reminded him about the unconditional surrender during the 1971 war by Pakistan....

Also I hated the fact that when I was asked my name during my collage days..... the teacher gave me a really wired look judging by a fact that I was a muslim, I swear I gave him a hard time the entire year................

Well anyways I care a damm.

I have such gr8 family (as home as well as online) I dont need to give a damm about such idiots living around us... but its just that they should realize that their silly actions hurts many peoples mindset......

Education level and media hype are the only two reasons. Oh and not to mention the politicians (and PSUs). They are the root cause of all evil.

Edit -

@hmsalia - not everyone who is online is educated. You should have noticed that by now. In fact lot of them are really screwed and they can be found lurking on rediff news section posting comments.

Also the only thing I dont like about islam as a religion is that it is rather closed and rigid. But I guess if you are too religious then you are too rigid, goes for any other.

let me tell u that rediff is largely a unmoderated community and out of those those caring to post there , more than half are teenie-weenies or half literate guys. only 1 out of 10 ppl there have decent share of education. so those comments dont really matter.

I think beards come in all shapes n sizes...n nowadays, every new kid in the block likes to keep some kinda beard just to look hip..there's nothing wrong with it..nor is it a depiction or a symbol of any religion..but i do agree with p_sam21 tht there are few things we try to relate with a particular style... dont we make out a bengali, a south indian or sikh by their appearance n gestures? So if we are able to relate a particular style to that of a muslim, whats wrong with that..it is their style and they shud be proud of that..:)

Educated ppl never create a divide between any religion...n they have far better things to do than get into such trivial issues..such matters are left to those who are illiterate n who can easily be provoked beyond reason..n frankly n at the same time, unfortunately, there is no dearth of such people in our country..it is these who create a ruckus and the whole society is made to suffer..

I dont think that people relate to muslims as pakistanis here in india..n why only pakistanis for tht matter...there are billions of muslims in other countries around the world too...I think, the people need to do some soul searching... If they are able to contribute to the welfare of this country, they are as much a responsible citizen of this country as a person following a different religion..at the same time, if say a hindu(the said majority in this country) commits a sin which will bring bad name to his country, he is as much liable to be called a traitor n prosecuted...the law never differentiates between religions..its the people propelled by politicians n media who do...Also there are the usual vested interests of enemy countries who when not able to confront one on one, are left to such cowardly ways of trying to weaken the country from inside...

Its a terrible thing tht people take up inspiration n encouragement from such events like gujrat n the 1993 riots but not take inspiration from people like our President. I think, he is the real son of this soil...it doesnt matter if he is a muslim, hindu, sikh or a christian.. I look upto him with as much pride as i wud look at any person who is genuinely working for the welfare of this country...

Call me an atheist or whatever, but i believe tht religion is for the uneducated people..we can live without following any...i may be a hindu..but as far as i remember, i never did anything that'll qualify me as one..lol..its the main cause of my parents' grouse towards me, but hell, i dont care..i'm living in a free country...n it is my right to not follow any religion... n need i say, i'm not missing it either...:p Be good to other people..be good to animals and it'll more than make up for not following any fcukin religion...

Renegade said:
Also the only thing I dont like about islam as a religion is that it is rather closed and rigid.

you mean the people interpret it in a narrow manner..
@hmsalia: What do YOU think dude? ;)
if i were you, i wouldnt bother with all the questions you just asked.. coz there will always be a few illogical idiots who think stereotypical things.. ;)

Private Ryan said:
Call me an atheist or whatever, but i believe tht religion is for the uneducated people..we can live without following any...i may be a hindu..but as far as i remember, i never did anything that'll qualify me as one..lol..its the main cause of my parents' grouse towards me, but hell, i dont care..i'm living in a free country...n it is my right to not follow any religion... n need i say, i'm not missing it either...:p Be good to other people..be good to animals and it'll more than make up for not following any fcukin religion...
Well said.

My quote - "Theism is for the weak" ::eek:hyeah:

This is a hard subject to discuss and many people have different views, so I preface my comments by saying these are my opinions only, and that I would not intentionally try to step on anyones beliefs.

I live in the USA, and it blows me away how ignorant people are in this age of information, but unfortunately, this is the state of affairs all over the world. The uneducated, general population in many countries are like cattle, and will always follow the loudest voice.

The Media is only one small source of this, and only in more technologically developed countries, because if this was the main cause for hate and distrust, countries like Africa wouldn't still have the genocidal problems they do.

People are not born with racism and prejudice, it is learned, and children start learning this at very young ages at home.

To fully educate people, this has to stop in the home first, like many things children learn this from their parents, therefore, it is my belief, that education is the only way to overcome prejudice and racism.

Religion, is unfortunately, another source that breeds distrust. I am not knocking on anyone's belief's here, but racial tolerance is a difficult subject, and many forms of religions do not always teach this, even if their belief system includes these doctrines.

I am Caucasian, and was born and raised in England, I personally do not practice the religion I was born to, or any other for that matter. I was born Jewish, and suffered much racial intolerance growing up in England. Although times have changed, I still remember the slurs of other kids, and at an age where it is obvious to me now, that they were only repeating only what they had heard at home. They were far to young to really understand what it was they were saying.

The worst thing the Media does, is it produces stereotypes and this is another thing that breeds fear and distrust. Politicians like Bush, play on those fears to further their own political careers, and it is only now after so much death, that the public has finally woken up.

It is very interesting though, since I have an olive complexion, I have been mistaken for Middle Eastern, Latin, and Italian , among others. When I was a younger, I almost got into a fight at a party, because some drunk idiot thought I was Mexican, and did not like it.

Thankfully, I live in California, which is like a world unto it's own, not to say that there are not ignorant or racially intolerant people here(This has become more rampant everywhere worldwide) but it is a place where people are encouraged to question things, and to stand up and speak and think with their own minds.

Also I hated the fact that when I was asked my name during my collage days..... the teacher gave me a really wired look judging by a fact that I was a muslim, I swear I gave him a hard time the entire year................

IMO thats because in the place where we live there are very few muslims (or for that matter hindi speaking folk except near dockyard/scindia)and ppl don't have the much required exposure....believe me in places like hyderabad the situation is much different....

BTW its people who matter not their religion.

Back