I looove vacuum!

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
SO I got promoted to a project manager yesterday :mad::mad::mad: and I HATE IT.

Was pretty pissed off so wanted to buy something to make me happy and smile at office. Had my eyes on this since sometime, decided to take the plunge today :eek:hyeah:

What did I get?

Its a Tube DAC/amp :D Has a USB Input as a DAC and has RCA input for function as amp. Had consulted chaos before I bought it. Showed him the link, first thing he said was Its cheap! :| I though ummm this is a lemon. Then he said its got EL84 tubes, which will sound very nice unless the design is badly screwed up :p since the chances of that being less ( well not that less :p decided to audition it )

Specs : Mini Tube Amplifier (RCA,USB input) - G14 - OEM (Macau Trading Company) - Audio & Sets - AV Equipment Products - DIYTrade China

The specs say 6W output. When i went to audition it, the guy was driving floorstanders on this :S and it sounded really nice even though it wasnt warmed up, and not burnt in. Immediately I bought it :D

Just have to go thru the 100 hours tube burn in :p lets see next month might buy a big Beyer or something better :lol:

More pics. Shitty pics, took by my N95 :( Will get teh DSLR tomo and take proper pics. Will upload some night shots tonight as well :D

Cost, about ~13K INR. totally worth it for a tube DAC+amp which can drive headphones and small bookshelves as well :p

My Audio setup at office :D

After taking the pic i realised the tube resembles the leaning tower of Pisa :ashamed: will replace with better quality tubes later :p

4dh1r totally entered a rapture after hearing FLAC of IIO - Rapture :p

Deepak, my other team mate as usual not bothering about sound clarity just wants to browse gmail/orkut :|

77.gif
77.gif
77.gif
77.gif

SunnyBoi said:
More pics. Shitty pics, took by my N95 Will get teh DSLR tomo and take proper pics. Will upload some night shots tonight as well
Damn... u forgot that I always carry an Olympus u9000!!! :mad: or is it that it doesn't take "proper pics" :no:

And when did u take my pic? Was I that engrossed??? :ashamed:

4dh1r said:
Damn... u forgot that I always carry an Olympus u9000!!! :mad: or is it that it doesn't take "proper pics" :no:

oops :ashamed:

4dh1r said:
And when did u take my pic? Was I that engrossed??? :ashamed:

YES! :p notice the curled up fingers in the bottom pic. thats how engrossed you were :p you even didnt notice the flash from the phone :p The tube does magic and you have to believe it now :D

Finally got my hands on new tubes :D

JJ EL84 Matched Pair and JAN GE 5670 x2 to replace the 6N3 rectifier tubes

Now they sound a million dollars better :D

Changing the tubes

New tubes! Pic came out shitty :ashamed:

Also got a couple of no name chinese speakers as a gift. They're awesome :D

The tubes (old chinese tubes) in the dark:

The newspeakers will go to 4dh1r since I already have a pair of ProAcs :p this setup, i'm glad to say is better than Chaos's Jamos :D too bad we dont have enuf space to keep the speakers :ashamed:

Oh I also got a new helmet

Suomy Spec 1R Extreme Hawaiian Flowers Helmet Gold : Bayside Performance, Canadian Source for 98-2010 Yamaha Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Ducati Triumph Sportbike Accessories And Apparel

Cost me a tad over 20K :ashamed: money well spent, better spend money on a helmet than fixing a fractured skull :p

EDIT : Thanks to baatli for the link :D

3 Inch Speaker - Red-Travagan's shop

No wonder the speakers rock :D

Forgot to add these :p

Super thiiiick belden powercord with costly plugs and a huge ass ferrite core :D

Some expensive speaker cable :ashamed: Kimberly or something company :p

All these i got em free :lol:

Anish said:
Awesome amp! Now how about some Dynaudio shelves to go along with it? :D

Dynaudios and tubes dont mix :p Plus you have to keep th evolume at 70% to get decent volume outta these. dont think it can drive the ProAcs :( oh well, Cayin A88T, here I come! :D I'll never go solid state again :D

great looking setup ....
where did you took the demo of the AMP .. u were in china? ...
how did you bought that amp combo ,online?
else is the diy trade site safe...?

Ive composed a new song, eerm more like modified an already existing one thanks to the inspiration of sunny's new helmet

Blossom, commander and the leader

Bubbles, she is the joy and the laughter

Buttercup, she's the toughest fighter

Bunny Soi, hes a elite bike rider :p

Powerpuffs save the day...

Fighting crime, trying to save the world

Here they come just in time, the Powerpuff Girls

Fighting crime, trying to save the world

Here they come just in time, the Powerpuff Girls

Powerpuff!

4thpowerpuff.jpg

EDIT: editing it somewhat...